Training your fish to do tricks.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Did a bit of reading on fish intelligence awhile back, goldfish are able to remember a individual for about 9 to 12 months, so if you sell your fish and then go visit it 9 month later it will be able to recognise you. At problem solving and learning fish aren't much behind dogs in this aspect. Where fish seem to lack is on the emotional intelligence side, they may trust you and be contented but that's about it.

Aqua Nut

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Did a bit of reading on fish intelligence awhile back, goldfish are able to remember a individual for about 9 to 12 months, so if you sell your fish and then go visit it 9 month later it will be able to recognise you. At problem solving and learning fish aren't much behind dogs in this aspect. Where fish seem to lack is on the emotional intelligence side, they may trust you and be contented but that's about it.
Now that is pretty interesting Dan, 9 to 12 months is a pretty long time, definitely blows away the 5-second theory.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Have you seen the videos for the R2 Fish School?

I sure have, i have been thinking about getting a box to train my fish lol
I bought a box for a science project a few years back. I had a koi, rukyin, porcupine puffer and angelfish all swim through hoops in a week or so. I just procrastinated a bit too long to train them to do soccer and the other tricks. Pretty cool little set. I still think the angelfish remembers the wand to this day. I'll see if I can dig the video out and post it too.

Reactions: Aqua Nut

Aqua Nut

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
I bought a box for a science project a few years back. I had a koi, rukyin, porcupine puffer and angelfish all swim through hoops in a week or so. I just procrastinated a bit too long to train them to do soccer and the other tricks. Pretty cool little set. I still think the angelfish remembers the wand to this day. I'll see if I can dig the video out and post it too.
If you could find that find that video, we would love to check it out.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
If you could find that find that video, we would love to check it out.
I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty sure it's embedded in power point. I'll see if I can get it uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

souzie

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Ontario, Canada
That's awesome!! Did you find it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store