Tubenose Gobies

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
These are are my Western Tubenose gobies or Proterorhinus semilunaris. There are still tiny, they should double in size soon. Freshly caught from The Dnester River. I've read that these freshwater gobies are invasive in North American now. So beware. If you have them in your aquarium, never show it to anyone. Unlike monkey gobies and round gobies, these little guys are very shy, preferring to hide most of the time. Overall, fun fish. Other fish seen in these video are: Amur bitterlings (Rhodeus sericeus), Freshwater Black-striped Pipefish (Syngnathus nigrolineatus), baby Wild Goldfish (Carrassius carrassius).

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
These are are my Western Tubenose gobies or Proterorhinus semilunaris. There are still tiny, they should double in size soon. Freshly caught from The Dnester River. I've read that these freshwater gobies are invasive in North American now. So beware. If you have them in your aquarium, never show it to anyone. Unlike monkey gobies and round gobies, these little guys are very shy, preferring to hide most of the time. Overall, fun fish. Other fish seen in these video are: Amur bitterlings (Rhodeus sericeus), Freshwater Black-striped Pipefish (Syngnathus nigrolineatus), baby Wild Goldfish (Carrassius carrassius).

Never heard of them very Darter like.
Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Never heard of them very Darter like.
Thanks for sharing

IM IN LOVE WITH THE PIPEFISH ?? how big do they get?

Reactions: tlindsey

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
IM IN LOVE WITH THE PIPEFISH ?? how big do they get?

I've caught even larger pipefish. They can get to be over 1 foot. However, I have hard time feeding them. I started out with 4 and this is the last one. And it's not eating that well. Luckily, the river is full of them. If it dies, I'll try again with species only tank. I have a feeling I"ll need to have a culture of live daphnia or cyclops constantly in a tank to keep them happy.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store