1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Turtles and Camallanus Worms

Discussion in 'Reptiles, Amphibians and Other Exotic Pets' started by LookAFish, Jul 22, 2011.

1. LookAFish

LookAFish
    Expand Collapse

Jul 22, 2011
    Are camallanus worms able to infect red-eared slider turtles? What steps should I take to remove them?

If any of you are wondering why I'm asking, I just moved in with my dad and he had this aquarium that he stopped using recently. Only problem is it's filled with camallanus worms ( we identify it from the last time I came over) piling all over the glass. The aquarium is now bare except for the heater and the sand substrate. I was planning on using the aquarium to grow out a smaller red-eared slider, which 1/3 the size of the older, adult sliders in the pond in the backyard. My dad referenced that the worms have been there for 3 weeks after the lone fish in there has died and are still there. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Vicious_Fish

Vicious_Fish
    Expand Collapse
    Here fishy fishy fishy...
    Staff Member

Seth
    Special Weapons And Tactics
    Home Page:
    Tuesday at 8:14 PM
    No, I don't believe camallanus worms can hurt your turtle. Infecting turtles is not part of their life cycle.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature