Two Fluval FX6 in a 180 Gallon aquarium

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
I have an FX5 and an FX6 on my 225 gallon tank, and it has worked out quite well for me, even when the tank was fully stocked. I agree with softturtle softturtle though; they are not the easiest nor the fastest when it comes to maintenance.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have an FX5 and an FX6 on my 225 gallon tank, and it has worked out quite well for me, even when the tank was fully stocked. I agree with softturtle softturtle though; they are not the easiest nor the fastest when it comes to maintenance.
It will be fine as long as reliability isn't a concern. A single Eheim 2262 and a couple powerheads would be more reliable as well as cost efficient.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
It will be fine as long as reliability isn't a concern. A single Eheim 2262 and a couple powerheads would be more reliable as well as cost efficient.
My FX5 has been running continuously for 6 years so far and shows no signs of slowing down, and it hasn't required any maintenance beyond routine cleaning/rinsing, so I'm not sure what you mean there...

I believe I've had the FX6 running for about 2 years now, and no issues there, either.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
you can never have too much filtration; end of story! lol. with that
said im running 4 fx5 on my 180 on top of it being moderately planted
in the tank and both hob slots packed with pothos with all the roots
dangling inside the tank. trying to cover the whole back of the tank
with roots for a more natural look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com