Ultimate Blue Umbee growout

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Wow!! They are gorgeous especially at that size :) What size tank are they in, what are you feeding them, how are they not fighting and stressing each other out? Good job :)
I feed a variety of pellets, krill and tilapia. these 2 growouts paired up so they're not fighting. really fun watching them go through this transition. glad they color up at such a small size so i can have tank space to grow more out.

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Yes I notice you are saying, "ultimate blue umbees" Are you meaning Rio Mag?

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Yes I notice you are saying, "ultimate blue umbees" Are you meaning Rio Mag?
It's similar but the ultimate blue umbee was created by using multiple collection points of standout umbees. in the couple years I've had them and grown out multiple fry from my big pair, I've noticed that they often have great freckling, intense aqua blue and dark blue colors, and develop those colors at a very small size.

Reactions: oriqua

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Wow!! Umbee is my favorite cichlid, I have had them before, but none that look as good as yours, I never heard of ultimate blue Umbees, if I knew that I would have dedicated my 360 gallon to the Ultimate blue Umbee, well maybe later down the road, I will definitely keep the Ultimate blue umbee in mind... Very nice cichlid :)

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Wow!! Umbee is my favorite cichlid, I have had them before, but none that look as good as yours, I never heard of ultimate blue Umbees, if I knew that I would have dedicated my 360 gallon to the Ultimate blue Umbee, well maybe later down the road, I will definitely keep the Ultimate blue umbee in mind... Very nice cichlid :)
I hope you can get some in the future.

Reactions: oriqua

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
It's similar but the ultimate blue umbee was created by using multiple collection points of standout umbees. in the couple years I've had them and grown out multiple fry from my big pair, I've noticed that they often have great freckling, intense aqua blue and dark blue colors, and develop those colors at a very small size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store