Unstable Indo Dats and a new home for them

demonknight

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
India
well i went and got me one of them [Toxotes blythii]. Such an active fish. Finally nice to see activity in the top level of the tank. My dats keep looking up at him wondering what the heck is wrong with him :p

now i have another issue. the two large dats are fighting and one of them is always hiding and trying to become one with the driftwood! both of them leave the smaller one alone. but the dominant dat is also mostly hiding and needless to say, all three are still unstable.

might get one more archer and give back two dats and keep just the one. and i just know that when i sell the two to my LFS and he releases them in his tank, they will be all stable and active just to spite me. i'm sure of that! :p

demonknight

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
India
This is like my personal log now :p

Got one more archer. Alpha Dat is spotty striped and is actively coming up to top of tank even for food. but when food is dropped he still resorts to grab and dart. Gamma is still small and is the fastest of the three when it comes to grabbing shrimp.

Beta is the split bar and although slightly bigger than the alpha, it is getting harassed by the alpha and is mostly trying to merge into the driftwood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store