using water from the ocean

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
except the deep-water species, I think beside the White, almost all pelagic, coastal, requiem, reef, etc have been successfully kept in captivity

You mean I can't keep one in this 10 gallon tank?
I highly doubt the part about almost all species have been kept in captivity. There are many species that we have little to no experience with, and that depends on what you count as experience - I count the MB great whites as experience, but if they kept just one for 50 days for one time, I would not consider that experience in keeping them. I might even venture to say that we have NOT kept most species.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
when i was in the IO flying fish use to jump and sail off the bow, not sure how a halter fit on them, but like the june bugs we use to tie to a string and ride our bikes it may be interesting.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I highly doubt the part about almost all species have been kept in captivity. There are many species that we have little to no experience with, and that depends on what you count as experience - I count the MB great whites as experience, but if they kept just one for 50 days for one time, I would not consider that experience in keeping them. I might even venture to say that we have NOT kept most species.
maybe right....I just think how probably half the known 350+ species ARE deep-water, very little studies been conducted.....we make a new species discovery, when ISN'T it a deepwater shark? U might be right, IDK I was just rolling it through my head - I tend to just use logic and reason to figure stuff out on my own before looking it up sometimes lol Gives the "Ol' Thinker" some exercise :)

when i was in the IO flying fish use to jump and sail off the bow, not sure how a halter fit on them, but like the june bugs we use to tie to a string and ride our bikes it may be interesting.
ROFLMAO!!! What???

At 1st I thought even though we're both speaking English, we're not speaking the same language, but lately you're starting to make perfect sense to me LOLOL IDK if I should be happy or afraid lolol

moray eel man

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2016
Michigan
maybe right....I just think how probably half the known 350+ species ARE deep-water, very little studies been conducted.....we make a new species discovery, when ISN'T it a deepwater shark? U might be right, IDK I was just rolling it through my head - I tend to just use logic and reason to figure stuff out on my own before looking it up sometimes lol Gives the "Ol' Thinker" some exercise :)

ROFLMAO!!! What???

At 1st I thought even though we're both speaking English, we're not speaking the same language, but lately you're starting to make perfect sense to me LOLOL IDK if I should be happy or afraid lolol
Ok fine what about keeping the giant squid ... id like to see the sucker dumb enough to feed it lmao ... i know the Humboldt squid aka the red devil would look cool in a tank feeding

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Ok fine what about keeping the giant squid ... id like to see the sucker dumb enough to feed it lmao ... i know the Humboldt squid aka the red devil would look cool in a tank feeding
A humboldt squid tank would be awesome, it's pretty dangerous to collect them though

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I'd feed it if you gave me enough to drink LOL Tried peeling a mis-shed off my pet rattlesnake's face when I was drunk and almost got bit....hairline-close. stupid? not as stupid as trying it again 2 weeks later with same result haha

S.O.B.'s.....you never know they can bite you while you're holding them behind the head until they do it. Lucky I have fast reaction time to stuff like that. Just a little one too with little fangs.....he made it look like his fangs were made out of rubber that went stiff at will. scary stuff....this not good example of responsible animal-keeping
Don't handle venomous snakes when you're drunk or squids or scorpions or spiders or that kinda stuff....sometimes I think I'm more lucky than skilled LMAO or just plain one of "The Guy Upstairs' favorites"

You hear about that drunk guy in Australia that saw a cool snake on his way out of the bar and woke up in aa hospital bed missing 2 legs and an arm? Was an Eastern Brown snake. bad company

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I remember them squid having a die off, I caught/.snagged one off the boat ramp mentioned earlier and stuck in the bait tank, damm think inked it all up. but i did have bait for days.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Keep your live squid in a metal mesh bait holder and drop a brightly colored plastic squeeky dog toy in with them. By the time you're ready to leave the pier the squids will have squirted out all of their ink. This makes feeding them out once you get home much easier and less messy.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
.loL

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
where you there when the giant squid washed on shore they where literally washing up , 2 to 3 foot squid

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store