Walmart mystery

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Yes they never properly taught their employees how to take care of the fish and most times were kept in awful conditions. Luckily hobbyist like ourselves stopped buying from them even if trying to "save them" and they lost money and did away with it. I'm still shocked the whole company hasn't given up on it every location yet. Hopefully one day

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
If didn't want to go there; but, the first thing if thought of when I first saw this thread was.... The real mystery is why anyone would buy a fish from Walmart to begin with. Sorry: I would NOT want to bring home any disasters from that place.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
If didn't want to go there; but, the first thing if thought of when I first saw this thread was.... The real mystery is why anyone would buy a fish from Walmart to begin with. Sorry: I would NOT want to bring home any disasters from that place.
Never bought fish from Walmart but wanted to save them. Just couldn't setup any more aquariums.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

MarcN.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2016
Judging from the blue speckles on the dorsal fin, that's likely to be Pseudotropheus crabro (aka Hornet / Bumblebee Cichlid) have you found it changed from it's present color to a murky black? Males do that.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Judging from the blue speckles on the dorsal fin, that's likely to be Pseudotropheus crabro (aka Hornet / Bumblebee Cichlid) have you found it changed from it's present color to a murky black? Males do that.
it's not a mbuna u could clearly see its a peacock from its face lol

Life Liberty Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2015
Colorado
It COULD be a Benga Yellow, Flavescent, or maybe even a maleri maleri (though I doubt the last one as they are not too common.) Benga yellow would be my best bet if it weren't a hybrid (which it likely is). Those are the species that come to my mind when I see the blue developing on his cheeks and a touch of yellow. Fingers crossed it's a Flavescent! Gorgeous fish when they color up fully.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Thanks I'm sorry to update everyone on this thread but this fish had since passed away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store