Want to say HI

JJJohnston

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2012
Iowa
Just wanted to say Hi. I've been a member for a long time just never posted anything yet. I have a 210gal Oceanic Bowfront tank with 2 Monster Tinfoils, big Plec, Oscar and JD. I have in a 55 gal grow out tank 2 more Tinfoils. I am getting shortly in the future a Flagtail Prochilodus and a Hyspabarbus Wetmorei(yellow fin barb) that will also go in the 55 before I add them to the 210.

Thanks for viewing :D

JJJohnston

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2012
Iowa
Just wanted to add that the pic of the tank was taken when I first set it up, I upgraded from a 100gal to this big tank. It has different lighting on it now, just hadn't taken a more recent pic

Hope you enjoy!

COG Commando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
West Bend, WI
Nice!! Those ARE some massive tinfoils

JJJohnston

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2012
Iowa
Thanks Cog Commando, I've had them for a few years now and they just keep growing! I absolutley love them!

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
welcome to mfk Officially .. nice to meet you..and glad you decided to post.. gorgeous tank and LOVE:drool:the fish.. just beautiful.. you have been busy with out us ???

JJJohnston

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2012
Iowa
Thank you for the welcomes. i have been a little busy without you guys as it seems... oops I will post some pics of the old tank and some old photos of the big guys

My Oscar she's about 14" in this pic. (I've seen her lay eggs so I know she's a female)

one of my favorite pics of

and my female JD

I do absolutely love this new tank and the fish seem much happier. They were getting a little crowded in the 100gal

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Thank you for the welcomes. i have been a little busy without you guys as it seems... oops I will post some pics of the old tank and some old photos of the big guys

My Oscar she's about 14" in this pic. (I've seen her lay eggs so I know she's a female)

one of my favorite pics of

and my female JD
I do absolutely love this new tank and the fish seem much happier. They were getting a little crowded in the 100gal
beautiful........

JJJohnston

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2012
Iowa
Thank you Red Devil.

My plans next is: I want to update the lighting more... it's never ending I know. I would like to add some moon light LED and some Regular LED strip lighting. And I want to add just a few more fish to my current stock.. I already posted what I want to add in my first post, I have 2 tinfoils that I bought a couple months ago as fry. only 1/2 inch big. They are now almost 3". I want them to grow a bit more before adding them to the big tank. Also in the grow out tank are 2 catfish that my husband thought he had to have. They are to go into the 210 as well when they get alittle bigger, they are now 5" . The LFS called them 4line pictus they are in the same family as the pictus cat anyway. and they get about 10" max.

In the future I do plan on upgrading to an even bigger tank. I want to get a 500+ gal.. But for now the 210gal will have to do.

I do want to get a semaprochilodus insigna(flagtail prochilodus) and a hyspabarbus wetmorei(Yellow fin barb) I do like my Barbs. The only thing is I have searched everywhere and can't find either one. I am currently on a waiting list for the two at my local LFS. But it seems that I may have to hold off on these guys as my tank is already getting full of fish.. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store