Warming/ weird oceans

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I expect about a 3/4 casualty rate among city dwellers due to cold,also a lot of people don't know how to care for firearms in freezing conditions so many more will be killed by others.
As far as spearfishing at great depths,I wouldn't recon that ecosystem to last longer than 4 to 5 months,especially since 1.many of these fish breed very slowly and 2. Many of these critters rely on the above ecosystem.
Also do u even currently have a system for refilling compressed air?

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
These are 300 pound fish. One will last a while, sun cured, salted, fish jerky.
Free diving only just fins and a mask. Compressed air at these depths require decompression. A full 80 cf bottle will only give you a few breaths.
They are very territorial and will find you on bottom.
Their is always sharks, dolphins that are real easy to speargun. Dropping pyrotechnics over board works well also.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
U should add kelp to your diet,also u need more than seafood man,or your weakened body will likely not be able to last more than a few weeks,also if u plan to eat that much fish you will develop mercury poisoning and possibly even protein poisoning.

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
Alright, using a large diameter 300 micron filter sock as a trawl to collect plankton, algae as soup stock. I have heard better reviews about blue green algae than kelp.
Mercury is only a problem in industrial areas. Freshwater mostly.
The benevolent dictator to come. Should be able to balance the food supply, demand that only wind turbines, solar, and geothermal are used.
Coal can be liquidified into a fuel for portable machines. Extending the end of oil.
He will also know a method to fill a car up with pure water and use the hydrogen and oxygen as a pure, powerful fuel.
He will also be a MD doctor and have the cure for cancer, old age, obesity, depression, fear, hate, and possessiveness.

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
I am a dead man walking.
I eat fish 100 times each year. I think the mercury, problem is mostly in large fresh water predator fish.
My mom is 80 years old, for 20 years, she used to mix up mercury for dental filling in the palm of her hand.
I read somewhere that people with mercury fillings had way over the EPA Safe levels.

I grew up chewing on lead fishing sinkers. If the fish in the ocean have not killed me yet. Why worry about eating them during the apocalypse? I am not going to live much past 92 anyways. Given that I grew up next too an uranium processing plant, for 10 years.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
The idea is to live,not die in the apocalypse,I'm also beginning to wonder if your joking man,i come from a long lived family where one of the youngest to die was in his mid 80s

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
I haven't really considered, actually surviving through the apocalypse. I think conditions would become so terrible that with out a million dollar fallout shelter. I would just as soon die and go meet Jesus, on the other side.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
That's your choice, but really 80 percent of the stuff u need can be gotten at the dollar store.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store