Water Change

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
as for chems, I only use seachem safe, same thing as prime but in powder form and allot more economical. I change between 450g to 500g a week between the 3 tanks.

Reactions: HardBodyBullies1

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
I do usually 30-50% water changes weekly and i use Seachem Prime. I usually add the full dose of prime before i start filling the tank. I have a python water changer. Sometimes i start adding the water and the quickly ad prime. I also usually add more than the needed amount of prime just to be safe. Before i had the python, I would siphon the water into a garbage can and then fill up another garbage can in the tub and add prime and then scoop the fresh water and put it into the tank. The python makes it very easy to do water changes.

arowanaman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Vandergrift, PA
Mechanical filtration will clear cloudy water if it's just suspended solids and not a bloom. Also found that feeding froZen foods keeps the water cleaner as well since they won't be spewing so much of it out the gills like they do with pellets.

If I want to really polish the water I'll use 100 micron socks. But have to change out frequently. Usually use a 200 and if I'm gonna be away I'll use a 300.

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
I WC 40% about every 10 days, on a 155 gallon African mbuna, tank. I daily clean the 500 gph filter floss, mechanical, and daily flush sand substrate with a turkey baster.
Trickle filter, and a 7"x8" Led algae scrubber.
Nitrates range from 15 ppm to 20ppm. With 12 ppm tap water.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
In most my tanks ill drop the water far enough down where its barely above the intake in my tanks.

75...fahaka puffer ....roughly 75% 1x a week

55....baby black arow grow out.....75% 1x a week

100... grow out...3 armatus, L330, spotted gar, ornate and endli bichirs.....75%....1x week

80 wide.....11 caribe......75%.....1x week

270.....vatf, bd ray, tats x3, juruense cat, tiger sds x6......drip system 50 gpd

600.....peacock bass x7, thinbar sds x4, widebar sds x4, tinfoil barbs x3, pair of breeding marble motoros, fire eel, oxydoras niger, silver arowana, .......drip system....150 gpd

I dose with prime for all the manual wcs....drip is thru a carbon filter. i dose stability once in a while when switch grow outs around

HardBodyBullies1

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2012
Conyers,GA
I keep flowerhorns they're messy eaters but my water quality has never been bad. Might want to consider over filtering your tank. I do water changes by taking out the water and adding prime before I fill up that's it. Doesn't get too cloudy but the next morning it's crystal clear again.

What's your tank size and filter on it? I feed 4 red Texas two Flowerhorn loaches and vieja maybe 50-60 pellets everyday. Never an issue with water chemistry or cloudiness.

I'm on a sump and have polyfil and bio balls and pot scrubbers.
There in a 40B right now until i move them to my 75g. My water from my tap ph is high (8.4)and water is hard. Everything else is pretty good. I have 2 sponge filters and a aqua clear 70 on my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store