WC Beani "Panuco" growouts

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I picked up 4 of these little guys about a week ago at 1in. They're curre.ntly in a 125g with my other growouts until I finish cycling their 75g.

DSC_0586.JPG
DSC_0583.JPG
DSC_0627.JPG
DSC_0651.JPG

DSC_0586.JPG

DSC_0583.JPG

DSC_0627.JPG

DSC_0651.JPG

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Im pretty sure these are the goldish ones.

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
They look great. I think your playing with fire with that fat belly though. These suckers bloat in a blink of an eye. I would leave them in the big tank until they get much bigger & out of the danger zone

Not to be negative or anything. Theyre definitely a nice pickup

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
NIce Pick up!! I really want some of these guys soon! Goldish Honey comb ones they are!

Reaper, I wouldnt worry about the food thing as it really has nothing to do with bloat. Stress is Bloats Fuel!!

Cant wait to see these guys larger!

You mind me asking where you got them from!

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
Over feeding causes stress especially with a high grain pellet. I wasn't referring to the high protein myth. That's neither here nor there though. I dont want to derail the thread or start anything.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
They look great. I think your playing with fire with that fat belly though. These suckers bloat in a blink of an eye. I would leave them in the big tank until they get much bigger & out of the danger zone

Thanks man, they're in with a couple other fish so I try to put enough in for everyone but these guys just tend to be the heavier eaters. Im not feeding a high grain food and there's no aggression as of yet. When I move these guys to the 75 I won't even have to worry about stress and I can feed them a little less.

NIce Pick up!! I really want some of these guys soon! Goldish Honey comb ones they are!

Reaper, I wouldnt worry about the food thing as it really has nothing to do with bloat. Stress is Bloats Fuel!!

Cant wait to see these guys larger!

You mind me asking where you got them from!
Thanks bro, these were a bucketlist fish for me. I obtained these locally, I have a buddy that owns a lfs here.

RockyMountainCichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2015
Colorado

I think they're fairly easy to care for. I know these guys need a lot more air than the average fish, I wouldn't dare house anything else with them (which is another leading cause of bloat).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store