What are my Cichlids doing when they Shake/Vibrate?

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
Cichlid02;2193501; said:
I have the samething happened on one of my male and female cichlid but looks like the male one have some white spot that's about small sand size on his body (almost all over his body).. and also the female one shakes too but she doesn't havet he spots on her.. any one know is this normal, or disease (itch?) or fungies or anything... Please help thank you..

KZ
That white sand sized spots sound like ich. IT is a parasite. Many people like to use the salt method (adding in salt and raise the temp) but since i dont use that i cant describe the process for you . I use over the counter remedies for ich/ick. I usually will treat as directed on the bottle then add fresh activated carbon to the filter to remove the meds, give one or two days rest and treat a second time since it is often hard to eradicate and seems to come back (has to do with the life cycle of the parasite).

sg1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2007
Phoenix AZ
Its just like when a reaatlsnake starts shaking its rattle at th e end of the tail, its a warning to other fish in his vicinity, nothing more.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
White spots = Ich.

Raise the temp.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Sounds like a nicotine fit.:ROFL:

Seriously though, sounds like mating/dominance behavior.

I would definitely raise the temp in that tank to at make sure that it isn't Ick. Very well could be.

malawidave

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2011
Florida
WOW!!! this thread has been dead for quite some time there fenlie...

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
I think the only way to cut a red zebra agression is with a chef's knife or pair of scissors, maybe some garden sheers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store