Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

What Are You!?!

Discussion in 'General Salt' started by g_morin, Apr 10, 2012.

1. g_morin

g_morin MFK Members

Glenn
      Nov 20, 2014
      OK newly setup salt only 2-3 months tops... tanks great good natural algea growing live rock crabs fish all great except.... this little red aneome looking thing size of a pencil eraser and i spotted it a couple weeks ago forgot about it then saw it on the live rock just dancing in the current what is it? Im not worries about it but cant figure out what it is...

GLenn

2. Wiggles92

Wiggles92 MFK Leaders
      Staff Member

Ryan
      Nov 20, 2014
      It's probably an Aiptasia anemone; they can spread like crazy in some cases. Ideally, you should remove it in a way that doesn't pop it or leave any behind.

3. g_morin

g_morin MFK Members

Glenn
      Nov 20, 2014
      What do they do?

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

4. Wiggles92

Wiggles92 MFK Leaders
      Staff Member

Ryan
      Nov 20, 2014
      They sting corals & other livestock, and they will completely cover the live rock if you don't eliminate them or at least keep them under control.

For example:

[​IMG]

5. g_morin

g_morin MFK Members

Glenn
      Nov 20, 2014
      Oh Damn....ok so not good then

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

6. KellyFrancis

KellyFrancis MFK Members

Kelly
      Mar 26, 2014
      I had something very similar to what you're describing. The only way I could describe it was a tiny red anenome-looking thing. It was white on the inside and instead of the long "fingers" that taper, it had tiny clear balls that expanded and contracted. I was told it was harmless and to let it go and see what happened. If your guy looks like that, I'd be curious to see what it looks like full-grown. I accidentally killed mine. I have a pic of it under a thread in General Salt. "Some things in the tank." Does it look like the third set down?

7. Jrob

Jrob MFK Members

Jeremy
      Jun 1, 2014
      If it looks brownish/transparent it is probably an aiptasia like he mentioned earlier...in order to remove, take a small needle like object and insert lemon juice into it. works wonders.