What can i do to make my mg arowana into a golden coloration?

Al Cat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2015
The Republic Of The Feelippines
i've got a juvenile malaysian green arowana. is there anyway to make him golden like those show type aro's.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
i've got a juvenile malaysian green arowana. is there anyway to make him golden like those show type aro's.
Sell it, save some more dough, and buy a show piece golden Arowana

Reactions: jettefrances17

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
IDK mate green arowanas are dull in color. Mine was always dull from the start unless you put him in WTT. Which is kind of a waste of time

Yu Xiang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2015
Malaysia
A green arowana has dull colours, almost like a silver arowana, but still an amazing fish, if you want a golden arowana, your best option is to sell it off and save up some money to buy a golden highback / X-back arowana (which are VERY expensive). If you don't have that sum of money then I suggest you keep the green arowana, they are amazing fishes with unique personalities, if you want to enhance the colours of the fish, try feeding it crickets, mealworms, or centipedes (preferably frozen, so it doesn't bite and kill your arowana >.<) occasionally. Only feed insects when your arowana is a juvenile or adult, so the hard shell doesn't block the digestive track of your fish. Hope This Helped :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store