What do people keep with their REAL monsters

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
MAD (TLkmDN on here) has a 13K gallon pond and now a 60K gallon pond. Personally I like the 13K gallno much better because you get such a nice view of the fish whereas his 60K gallon, the viewing is probably 10 feet above the pond so it's hard to see anything.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
MAD (TLkmDN on here) has a 13K gallon pond and now a 60K gallon pond. Personally I like the 13K gallno much better because you get such a nice view of the fish whereas his 60K gallon, the viewing is probably 10 feet above the pond so it's hard to see anything.
Yes that's him. And I slightly agree, but I think he got to many fish for it and the dimensions and shape is really weird. His larger fish can do with it. I wouldn't mind have
I got that pond though, I'd definitely stock it a bit different lol

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Yes that's him. And I slightly agree, but I think he got to many fish for it and the dimensions and shape is really weird. His larger fish can do with it. I wouldn't mind have
I got that pond though, I'd definitely stock it a bit different lol
Too many fish for the 13 or 60 thousand gallon pond? I'd say he would probably be okay in the 13 thousand gallon if he ditched all but one arapaima, maybe two and made the dimensions a bit more... regular. A kidney shape would be better or he could go with a weird shape if it had some wider turns and not all of those narrow spots in there. I definitely wouldn't mind having that huge pond but it's definitely not on my favorites (no offense, you're still a much better MFK'er than me TL!). How would you stock it? I'd probably stick with a few FRTs, maybe 4 aros, a paroon shark, a few RTCs, TSNs and hybrids, a big niger cat or two, a single arapaima, a pair of alligator gars (or just one), some pacu, oh and I'd move some big giant gouramis and clown knives in there ;)

I might add in smaller areas where there would be anacharis piled up for hides. Not so much hides but structure, where livebearers and stuff could breed. It would give it a natural feel too. Fake rock walls and a fake rock wall surrounding it would make it so much cooler, and a big waterfall would be amazing.

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
I think his pacu really limit what he can keep in there. They can be some pretty nasty fish once they're bigger - there was one on River Monsters tht made their way to New Guinea, I'm not staying in the water if those big guys are biting my nads!

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Too many fish for the 13 or 60 thousand gallon pond? I'd say he would probably be okay in the 13 thousand gallon if he ditched all but one arapaima, maybe two and made the dimensions a bit more... regular. A kidney shape would be better or he could go with a weird shape if it had some wider turns and not all of those narrow spots in there. I definitely wouldn't mind having that huge pond but it's definitely not on my favorites (no offense, you're still a much better MFK'er than me TL!). How would you stock it? I'd probably stick with a few FRTs, maybe 4 aros, a paroon shark, a few RTCs, TSNs and hybrids, a big niger cat or two, a single arapaima, a pair of alligator gars (or just one), some pacu, oh and I'd move some big giant gouramis and clown knives in there ;)

I might add in smaller areas where there would be anacharis piled up for hides. Not so much hides but structure, where livebearers and stuff could breed. It would give it a natural feel too. Fake rock walls and a fake rock wall surrounding it would make it so much cooler, and a big waterfall would be amazing.
Well I like characins, cats, aros, some larger goby species, and bichirs. So it'd be species of those, and I'd add some small rock at the bottom in some areas and throw small cichlids in for a natural source of food. I'd put a lot of dithers like SD and tin foil barbs, maybe lemon fin. My list would go on I don't wanna derail this thread. And I was talking about the 13k pond, the 60k is perfect if you ask me.

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Yeah, the 60k is perfect for the fish, just doesn't allow for a good view. If there was a viewing window above ground... that would change some things :D

I'd do convicts if it were mine, natural dithers and heavy breeders. Bichirs would be cool but you'd barely see them in something that size ;)

Reactions: Youngddh and moe214

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
his 13k is perfect for aros. He should have kept all his aros in that one and moved everything else

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store