What do you HATE that everybody else seems to LOVE in the hobby?

f1shy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2012
On mfk.com
I hate Jack Dempseys. They always look deformed as adults, curved body makes them look stunted or something. They also seem to have weak tails. Probably just the result of being overbred with bad genetics.

View attachment 770140
Curved bodies? That's not the case with every jack dempsey I've ever had or saw before. Maybe you're looking at the wrong ones. They are truly beautiful fish when not stunted.

ColeFishing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Ohio
Pacu, some piranhas, african cichlids, flower horn. Pacu are just ugly fish. I've kept them before, even at large sizes there dull with little personality (in my experiences) also they look like an old mans as,s. some piranhas (red belly mostly)(Exclude blacks and elongates) are also dull. most of these fish I've just had bad experiences with. africans because i loved the way they looked and interacted so i bought 5 syn petricolas and some others. most of the time they don't have much colors except the yellow lab which is just shy. the petricolas are terrified of me and i rarely see them. flower horns because i think they are two unreliable when you buy them young as in which color your going to get. also its just not my thing. maybe in the future. also the fact i can't have a big tank larger than a 125.

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
People not liking Goldfish in that I have kept Goldfish for over ten years and they make good pets and grow to a good size if you do not have a lot of money for tropical heaters and super tanks. I would love to one day build a 5000 to 10000 gallon concrete tank and then move my three pet Goldfish over to it who currently live in a 75 gallon tank and see what types of comments people say about it.

killzmke

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
milwaukee
i hate when sum people in the hobby looks down on a new fish keepers that wants to learn the hobby and talks to them like they don't know anything ,but i rember we all came from some were in the hobby like your first 10 gallon , i think at one point or another everyone in mkf had or experiences the same dislike they are saying ,,lol i think its a hobby you learn as u go and is fun as hell ,love the scales on ur body i know i do lol
X2 run into this a lot. Its dumb.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
For 40 years I hear I lost a fish. I have lost things but never lost a fish. I have killed a few .
I have actually lost a few. One was an escape that was not located tell the tank was moved. the others have been in my saltwater tank. I assume they died and got ate so fast that no remains could be found when I took everything out to look for them. Sometimes piranha disappear, but I know what happened to the little cannibals.

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
I have actually lost a few. One was an escape that was not located tell the tank was moved. the others have been in my saltwater tank. I assume they died and got ate so fast that no remains could be found when I took everything out to look for them. Sometimes piranha disappear, but I know what happened to the little cannibals.
my sand sifer goby... I allways assume I have fish in my live rock hiding (porus live rock the better right) so fish can co mia for a few days hiding in there.

bretthogan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2012
NC
when people say "you have got too many fish in there"
over-priced used tanks
people who think CA and african cichlids will die if they touch the same water
latin names :)
peta

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com