What ever happened to?

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
ECZS needs to be reinstated. He brings some great fish at great prices in. I've seen a lot of members with monster tanks and a crazy stock just pack it in because of how time consuming it can be. What ever happened to dieselmack? Or johnptc
DM got out of fish and was messing with venomous snakes last I heard.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Have you ever wondered what happened to some members that used to post often, were very knowledgable and great contributors that all of a sudden stopped posting? Here today gone tomorrow with no closure. sometimes it's a while before you realize they are gone and you're left wondering if everything is OK but have no way of knowing.

I was thinking about a few I used to converse with quite a bit. VRWC VRWC , B balton777 , G Gruff Master , C cchhcc all gone now. All great contributors.
On another fish forum that I frequent, an administrator sent a group email to all the old timers inviting them to post on a thread he set up for old timers. That happened yesterday, and people have been checking in and reporting what they have been up to. It's been fun catching up with the old timers.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
On another fish forum that I frequent, an administrator sent a group email to all the old timers inviting them to post on a thread he set up for old timers. That happened yesterday, and people have been checking in and reporting what they have been up to. It's been fun catching up with the old timers.
We're all old timers here

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
This general 'line of thought' has occurred to me a few times.
any member could suddenly pass away or have a life-altering issue & we'd never know what happened to them, unless someone close to them knows about their mfk activity, and has access to their computer, etc.
I remember GruffMaster, but the other names are too generic to stand out to me.
Accessing a deceased person's online accounts, (of various types) can be real obstacles... if they didn't have a list of account passwords and keep them updated for 'someone' to handle.

this unfortunately, became a reality for me. taking "easy online transactions" for granted. sucks big wads when several things suddenly disappear into cyberspace. then it becomes a big chore.
Remember when we kept EVERYthing on paper, IN a file? those days are gone.
I could be wrong, but I think this is what happened with both Beblondie and Guppy. Though somehow it was eventually determined that they were deceased.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
ECZS needs to be reinstated. He brings some great fish at great prices in. I've seen a lot of members with monster tanks and a crazy stock just pack it in because of how time consuming it can be. What ever happened to dieselmack? Or johnptc
John eczs still sells fish on aquabid, DM switched to reptiles and now as far as I know he's out

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
C CHOMPERS & D Dr Joe . Those are the two I miss the most. Great contributors to the DIY sections.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
I first remember Lupin being a fantastic contributor on AC, also here on MFK and at other aquarium forums. Really active, helpful guy.. I wonder where he has been and how he is doing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store