What fish is this?

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
I am not an expert on Malawi cichlids. It's some sort of OB. Kinda has a Mbuna look to it. I could be wrong, but I'd guess you could add other Mbuna community fish: Some yellow tail Acei, some Johanni, yellow labs, etc...

Reactions: tlindsey

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Agree OB zebra (Metriaclima estherae OB). So you want 1m:4f of those and then choose 2 more mbuna species that are not Metriaclima and not yellow or orange. Avoid stocking yellow labs with estherae.

I'd avoid acei and johannii for a 55G, they are better in a 75G or larger.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I think there might be some aggression but if you have a 2 male ob zebras, 2 male zebra obliquens, 2 male blue zebra, 2 male albino pesudotropheus scolifoi, 2 male acei, and 3 syntodontis and a lot of texas holey rock, that would look awesome. If you keep up with 80% water changes every other day you can have 60 fish in a 55 gallon.
In my tank there is so much fish the aggression is spread equally. This is a 40 gallon and not one of the 50 fish has been injured since i set up the tank 2 months ago.image.jpg

Reactions: Americancichlids

Americancichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2015
Agree OB zebra (Metriaclima estherae OB). So you want 1m:4f of those and then choose 2 more mbuna species that are not Metriaclima and not yellow or orange. Avoid stocking yellow labs with estherae.

I'd avoid acei and johannii for a 55G, they are better in a 75G or larger.
I have no idea on which Africans are which because usually they are in a tank all together. I don't know which species I can have. If you guys would be so kind to post a picture of each African that would be compatible it would make it solo much easier

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
I would not buy from a mixed tank. Buy from a tank labeled with proper scientific name and collection point, or order online.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store