What is this? Ramora Shark?

Atumi

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2014
Australia
Not a shark for a start.

its a Remora (Echeneidae), they suck onto large marine life for a free ride and feed on any scraps of food they miss.

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Not a shark for a start.

its a Remora (Echeneidae), they suck onto large marine life for a free ride and feed on any scraps of food they miss.
That's what I thought too. I was just confused by the terming used by the company.

Any idea what size tank that fish would need? After a bunch of research I'm VERY interested in keeping one, but I'm really not sure how big of a rank they might need.

Atumi

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2014
Australia
depending on the exact species i would assume 200 gallons and up , i've had no personal experience with them tho so you might want to ask someone like Zoodiver Zoodiver

smallest species supposedly maxes out at a couple inches, i've heard they're ultra active when they're not stuck to something.

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
depending on the exact species i would assume 200 gallons and up , i've had no personal experience with them tho so you might want to ask someone like Zoodiver Zoodiver

smallest species supposedly maxes out at a couple inches, i've heard they're ultra active when they're not stuck to something.
Huh, then I'll have to check with him then.

I have a 700-800 gallon planned (though I could, with some difficulty, get a 1000 gallon instead), so I was wondering whether one would do well in there. I was thinking of keeping one with a couple of benthic sharks, a moray eel, and a pnther grouper (with the upper park of the water basically completely reserved for him).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store