Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
      Dismiss Notice

What kinda Veggies do i feed my oscar and green terror

Discussion in 'Central and South American Cichlids' started by GooDyboy420, Oct 9, 2006.

1. GooDyboy420

GooDyboy420 MFK Members

Feb 18, 2008
      do must fish eat veggies, i have seen oranges in fish tanks. Also another question i have is what kinda frozen fresh...im lost but i woudl think it is good for there diet.

2. Ang

Ang I should be a Hookworm

Thursday at 12:48 PM
      Some fish are active predators, but you are correct that Oscars need veggies. They are omnivores. I believe that Green Terrors need the same diet as Oscars

I feed mine peas, carrots, spinach, and pretty much anything they'll eat.
      (i buy frozen peas, then thaw and de-shell them first)

I make a recipe of different ingredients which makes it easier to get them to eat the different veggies.

One veggie that you shouldnt feed is corn, but many others are fine.

They also seem to really enjoy spirulina pellets or wafers. Mine love the Spirulina/veggie wafers by Omega One. He goes bonkers over those.
      Spirulina also helps bring out blue and green coloration.

3. stotty

stotty MFK Members

May 21, 2012
      Die Fledermaus is spot on Many of our fish require at least a part vegetable diet. I have been told fish do better with the addition of fresh cooked high fibre vegetables which benefit their whole digestive system. things i have fed my fish in the past are,

lettuce, Zucchini( i think thats what you call them its a baby marrow to me), Broccoli,peas

The only down side is it can turn the water green if over fed and snails love them so you can end up with a huge snail population

4. ewurm

ewurm MFK Members

Sep 14, 2014
      I agree, Green Beans, peas, Zuchinni, Cucumber, Grapes, Cranberries, Banana

5. GooDyboy420

GooDyboy420 MFK Members

Feb 18, 2008
      Waffers, what kind, just ask at the LFS, whats bad about corn, so really if its green its fine.

6. Ang

Ang I should be a Hookworm

Thursday at 12:48 PM
      Corn is difficult for fish to digest. Really, its difficult for many animals to digest except livestock of course.
      (kind of like after you eat corn.... you know....it doenst really get digested..:yuck: .)

Its still a wonder to me why they add corn meal to fish food. :irked: