What would MFK suggest for a 33 gal long tank

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
bitteraspects;2722509; said:
Thanks-
I'm not sure if I want to adventure into exo's right now....After being in the Piranha hobby for some time now---I have been looking for adventures(yes,I know these are not Piranha's-I'm well versed with these fish).....I love the activity,and feeding time is great.....I will keep them in mind though-They are not out of the ? by anymeans

bitteraspects

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
ExoDon Juan
no, but they are VERY closely related to P's. about as close as you can get. so i definitely understand where youre coming from. always nice to try something new. thats actually how i got into these. i was all about ONLY guapotes and large CA cichlids for a long time. so something small was way out of my league.

you could try firemouths or a breeding pair of convicts.
or a bunch of dwarf cichlids (apistos, german blue rams, bolivian rams, kribensis, ect). these guys, unlike most cichlids, wont uproot or eat your plants. and due to their size, they are ok with tankmates.

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
bitteraspects;2722526; said:
no, but they are VERY closely related to P's. about as close as you can get. so i definitely understand where youre coming from. always nice to try something new. thats actually how i got into these. i was all about ONLY guapotes and large CA cichlids for a long time. so something small was way out of my league.

you could try firemouths or a breeding pair of convicts.
or a bunch of dwarf cichlids (apistos, german blue rams, bolivian rams, kribensis, ect). these guys, unlike most cichlids, wont uproot or eat your plants. and due to their size, they are ok with tankmates.
Yeah been doing the Piranha seen for 6 years now or so....Maybe a bit more..who knows......

I have ventured into the larger cichlids and have a wide range of them....
I currently keep a huge Pacu,clown knife,freddy,severum.Jd,acouple syndo's,Bunch of mollies,gold dojo loaches,And one Piraya...

Have had -Devils,Aro's,pikes,cons,firemouths,snakeheads,FH's,Sharks (bala and similar),catfishes,loaches etc,etc....

So I'm not too sure where to go and am not familar with smaller species out their....So I have been just trying to weigh all options right now..

freeskier

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
NJ
just some ideas off the top of my head
-killi fish
-apistos
-pair of bonded dwarf pike or single specimen
-neolamprologus brichardi

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
community fish and an african brown knifefish
or maybe like 30 pea puffers! that wud be sweet!

albirdy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2008
Bay area, California
puffers or polys.
just got me a senegal birchir, he is entertaining with much personality.
the next thing i want is a puffer. i think that would be fun.

good luck to you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store