White Volta Endlicheri Update

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
Really interesting how Voltas can be so pale, heres mine for comparison. He is completely settled as well, so this is his full color.

20160504_073242.jpg

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Really interesting how Voltas can be so pale, heres mine for comparison. He is completely settled as well, so this is his full color.

View attachment 1180980
Owens. That's a beautiful black Volta. Geezus! The block pattern bandings cover more than 50% of its body. I think it's just that particular poly reacting to the color of that substrate you have. If you had 2-3 black or white Voltas in there. The boldness of marking and paleness will vary. As for my two White voltas. Tan colored pool filter sand made them very pale. The red gravel made it pop out. Now on day two with this pottery colored, black, w/some white medley. The color tone and markings look decent.

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
Owens. That's a beautiful black Volta. Geezus! The block pattern bandings cover more than 50% of its body. I think it's just that particular poly reacting to the color of that substrate you have. If you had 2-3 black or white Voltas in there. The boldness of marking and paleness will vary. As for my two White voltas. Tan colored pool filter sand made them very pale. The red gravel made it pop out. Now on day two with this pottery colored, black, w/some white medley. The color tone and markings look decent.
Its definitely not substrate, I am using mohawk red garnet which alot of people consider to be the "premier" bichir substrate for color. He really is just that pale.

Here is another (crappy) one with my pbb and CB endli for comparison.

20160402_143839 (3).jpg

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Awesome species u got there! You're right about substrate. It's probably just that particular poly.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Its definitely not substrate, I am using mohawk red garnet which alot of people consider to be the "premier" bichir substrate for color. He really is just that pale.

Here is another (crappy) one with my pbb and CB endli for comparison.

View attachment 1180995
That congi is awesome
How big is he ? Is it true that they become blandish as they grow ?

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
That congi is awesome
How big is he ? Is it true that they become blandish as they grow ?
He is about 15-16". Not sure, this one has better patterns than my old one I had a few years ago, will know in a few years haha. They certainly are one of the least patterned lower jaws for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store