Who's your favorite breeder?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Got some from a local person who bought some f1 from rapps... Wait for rapps or find someone who has rapps fish

ddot82

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2015
Olympia Washington
Part of the issue is I already ordered one from Rapps. He sold me a f1 vented male that laid eggs lastnight. Cost $101 bucks. I contacted him about it and his solution was to sell me a 10 inch wc pair for $200 plus shipping or for me to buy a red barred midas. I understand mistakes happen and I'm cool with that. I just don't think I should hafta be the one to pay for it. I'm trying really hard to knock him, but even if he did have more labs my confidence in making another $100+ purchase from him is a little shaken at the moment. Someone suggested Dan from cichlids of the Americas, have you heard anything about him? I emailed him and he said he has some wc and f1's right now. Waiting on a response back.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I have his line of fish from over 8 years many generations I have f20s lol

Did you want a male for breeding purposes? It's happens I vented my fish and swore it was male and was the biggest out of the batch and it ended up laying eggs

Reactions: Twonvito and ddot82

Skinned

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
The serious store owners in my area, who people drive hundreds if miles to get fish from, make a point to tell me when a fish he has came from Rapps. He seems to be the man.

I got my devil from what was advertised as f1 lab but you never know about aquarium born and raised. But being in aquariums over a few generations mellows the fish out I think. Also, socialization is important....if you buy an adult it will be set in its ways. My devil wasn't from Rapps.

Reactions: superrob750
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store