why can't i have an aro group

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
it has to be something polluted your tank. Even I leave far east for work for 3+ months and my dad feeds my fish and my friend did 1-2 water changes on my tank for me while I was gone and all my fish survived.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
my highest probible case is that my hybrid vomited for some reason and that started a chain reaction leading to this. that is the best i can come up with from what i see. i have done a 100% wc on the tank and never took the gar out. i moved the surviving catfish to my 120gal and put my large it dat, bowfins, bichir and achara catfish over into the 180gal that the massacare happened in and they are all fine. i didn't want to move them, but i needed to get the catfish out and if the catfish suddenly felt better it could eat every one of the other fish. the fact that all the gar are/were fine and all the other fish i have had in there for 8hrs now are fine is what i am just stuck on. i just can't figure it out.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
just looked at my catfish again and the main tank. main tank is 100% perfict no problems. my catfish seem like their wiskers are rotting off and their skin is peeling off their bones. i don't know what the hell is going on. they are in a different tank and they are worsening. they are the only fish in that tank. the other tank they were in (the 180gal) is showing no signs of anything. the gar are 100% normal with out any issues. what ever this was it wasn't just vomit and it is fast acting and only affected the aros and catfish.

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
just looked at my catfish again and the main tank. main tank is 100% perfict no problems. my catfish seem like their wiskers are rotting off and their skin is peeling off their bones. i don't know what the hell is going on. they are in a different tank and they are worsening. they are the only fish in that tank. the other tank they were in (the 180gal) is showing no signs of anything. the gar are 100% normal with out any issues. what ever this was it wasn't just vomit and it is fast acting and only affected the aros and catfish.
sounds like fin rot on the catfish thats what happened to two of mine so i moved them to a 40 gallon qt tank and started treating with this red liquid called the fishkeeper been treating for 6 days now and they have been improving in the begining they looked like zombies it was horrible

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Outbid curiosity, what is that on the bottom of ur tank? I'm referring to the decor or something

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store