Why do you do this Walmart?

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I looked up "walmart selling fish" and this is the first thing that came up:
Screenshot (6).png
I feel like Walmart needs to educate themselves so they can educate others about fish. There have been stories about people who have tried to keep clownfish in freshwater and this just promotes it.

Reactions: Frank Castle

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I looked up "walmart selling fish" and this is the first thing that came up:
View attachment 1185523
I feel like Walmart needs to educate themselves so they can educate others about fish. There have been stories about people who have tried to keep clownfish in freshwater and this just promotes it.

I agree but some people refuse to research prior to purchasing.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I agree but some people refuse to research prior to purchasing.
Yep,and some of them want what they want when they want it....I remember years ago when I worked at a local shop a woman approached me about buying a clownfish for her daughter.I asked the woman if she already had a saltwater tank set up to which she answered "no" so I attempted to explain to her what keeping saltwater fish entailed.After my consul the woman looked down at her daughter and then asked me to bag up a Nemo(clownfish) in a large bag full of saltwater so she could keep it in her daughter's fishbowl.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yep,and some of them want what they want when they want it....I remember years ago when I worked at a local shop a woman approached me about buying a clownfish for her daughter.I asked the woman if she already had a saltwater tank set up to which she answered "no" so I attempted to explain to her what keeping saltwater fish entailed.After my consul the woman looked down at her daughter and then asked me to bag up a Nemo(clownfish) in a large bag full of saltwater so she could keep it in her daughter's fishbowl.
Shows the attitude oh its just a fish who cares. :(

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yep,sad.I doubt if that hapless clownfish lasted a week.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Regardless of what you call it I was an employee and I did my duty to try educate the customer as to what she was getting herself into.Her mind was already made up when she walked in to purchase a nemo fish for her daughter.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Regardless of what you call it I was an employee and I did my duty to try educate the customer as to what she was getting herself into.Her mind was already made up when she walked in to purchase a nemo fish for her daughter.
I'm sure she ended up raising a dead nemo fish for her daughter. My big question his, how is she going to do water changes, if even at all. That fish had no filtration, aeration, and was likely fed food that wasn't suited for it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm sure she ended up raising a dead nemo fish for her daughter. My big question his, how is she going to do water changes, if even at all. That fish had no filtration, aeration, and was likely fed food that wasn't suited for it.
Agreed and bear in mind most people that came in to purchase fish and such didn't really appreciate us asking questions or offering any advice so I became somewhat selective in who I extended extra assistance to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store