Will electric blue haps be ok?

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
They seem to be getting along ok. I will move them to the 55 as soon as I get the shed built. They will probably be 1.5" by then. I want a male only tank since the males have more color. I guess I could get one more male, but it would be a lot smaller than the other fish since they have grown since I got them.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
In a male only tank you only want one of each species with no fish that look similar.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
A 55G mixed gender is ideally 15 fish. so 3m:12f is perfect.

They are getting along because they are juveniles. Well...not really because they are picking on one of the three. The harassment might stop or it might continue until the sub-dominant male dies...then there will be 2 and then one.

In about a year or two when they mature things might change. If all three survive and color up after 2 years together then it may work for their lifetimes.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
That's up to you. I would get the females now (let the females grow up with the males) and move them now. If they are showing color, they are ready.

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
That's up to you. I would get the females now (let the females grow up with the males) and move them now. If they are showing color, they are ready.
I can't move them until I have the shed built. The place that sells them is open on saturday and hopefully I will be able to get some then.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
I would not add fish to the 40G. Maybe a divider for the harassed guy until the shed is built.

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
I would not add fish to the 40G. Maybe a divider for the harassed guy until the shed is built.
There aren't many dividers for 40 breeders and they are so small he could probably fit around a divider. I will wait until the shed is built to get anymore fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store