Will I lose this battle? Another amusing girlfriend/wife thread.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
without reading anything in the op

YES, you will always lose the battles. our efforts are in vain. it's our curse. we can't live without them
Seems that way haha.

However, Kimmie is considering becoming a freshwater mermaid. I think they need 50k gallons and daily 70% waterchanges. She would almost have to be more interested in tank maintainance then :rolleyes:

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
As said before you will be fighting a losing battle but we can always dare to dream we will win. My wife and I share our fish chores life goes a lot smoother that way. Remember the old saying happy wife(girlfried) happy life and you will live a lot longer.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Wait.... Pause the movie to do a water change? What?

I would be mad too.

Reactions: Drx6x

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
I gave my ex a very expensive fishing rod and reel once (hoping I could use it instead)... hahaha She doesn't fish and refused to let me help her break in the rod! :p These plans usually backfire!

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Wait.... Pause the movie to do a water change? What?

I would be mad too.
On lazy Sundays when we chain movies~

I gave my ex a very expensive fishing rod and reel once (hoping I could use it instead)... hahaha She doesn't fish and refused to let me help her break in the rod! :p These plans usually backfire!
She really wanted this one though! I'm hoping she gets as addicted as I am.

Reactions: vincentwugwg

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
What about you guys? Any funny interactions to share?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
wife wanted a 75g, i says ok, she stocked it with what every she wanted, i says ok, I cleaned the tank, water changed the tank, fed the fish. what does she say down the line? well its really not my tank, I say you picked the fish, you did the decor, why is it not your tank. well i only did it to be part of your hobby. week later, her fish gone. tank cleaned up and sporting a nice JD male. sense then she does not mess with my fish or comment, I do not crochet? and she does not keep fish.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Oh ok. I was thinking middle of a movie "oh I need to do a water change" lol.

My gf is so supportive of everything I do. She encouraged me to set up my last tank. We've been living together for 5 years.

She wasn't too happy when I brought my red devil/Midas home though. She knew he was a going to be a really ahole.... Which he was lol

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Complete understand. My wife has been pissed for some time about having two tanks in our room. She says she feels like she is living in a fish store. So I broke down my 40b that was under my 75g. How this makes more room I dont know but anyways. I am upgrading my kids goldfish tank to the 40b that I took down and putting the 20gallon away. This was acceptable to my wife. But she had the nerve to request we put a "chocolate" colored gold fish in the tank. I told her she hated my hobby she doesn't get to decided lol. I hate the brown gold fish but I will probably cave because I do love her.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store