Will my arow survive?

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I put in 10 mollys in a 4.5 feet tank which houses a 10 inch arowana with expectations of it eating it slowly as iw would be out for a week and could not be able to feed the arow

What has happened is arow has gulped 8 mollys(after feeding) and now can't move with a swollen stomach
I just want it to live I really love that fish
Please suggest

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Moved when I was clicing the pics then again settled down

IMG_20230706_223127.jpg

IMG_20230706_223109.jpg

IMG_20230706_223135.jpg

Godzilla1986

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2022
I understand you love your fish but there are some things that are just wrong here and as a fellow hobbyist I would suggest to correct them if you plan on keeping arowanas.
1. Restraint from feeding live fish. Even if you do please quarantine them before you feed them as they carry parasites that would infect your arowana as well.
2. Never put in live feeder fish in large quantities with your arowana, they will feed more than they have to and result in indigestion and intestinal issues. Which has most certainly happened in your case.
3. If you travel a lot and have issues with feeding get a timed device that can feed pellets, freeze dried worms or krill. This would release required quantities and you and your fish would be happy.

I hope your fish gets better.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I understand you love your fish but there are some things that are just wrong here and as a fellow hobbyist I would suggest to correct them if you plan on keeping arowanas.
1. Restraint from feeding live fish. Even if you do please quarantine them before you feed them as they carry parasites that would infect your arowana as well.
2. Never put in live feeder fish in large quantities with your arowana, they will feed more than they have to and result in indigestion and intestinal issues. Which has most certainly happened in your case.
3. If you travel a lot and have issues with feeding get a timed device that can feed pellets, freeze dried worms or krill. This would release required quantities and you and your fish would be happy.

I hope your fish gets better.
Aagh took quite a long to reply my bruh
The arow is completely fine now grew quite a bit from then
Eating arg1 now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store