Wolf appetite weird/strange behave!

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
So I got Aimara almost a month now, its diet consist of market lake smelt and shrimp.
Tank setup still same, still no tank mate and I added more plants anubias and java fern, water parameters still same like usual ammo/nitrite 0 ppm and nitrate less than 10 ppm.
The issue here is my wolf started ignore the shrimp, it's just grab it as soon the shrimp hit water but soon will spit it out and ignored it. I skipped feed it for a day and it still do the same with shrimp, so I feed it lake smelt and it still do the same, I skipped feeding it for another day and tried with shrimp again and its still act the same...grab it and spit it out. I tried smelt and he ate smelt but it vomit out entire smelt few hour later. My wolf still act normal, swim/hover around the tank like usual and still try to catch my tiny octocinlus :p...There is no sight of sickness or heavy breathing...I really don't know what's going on with him. Anyone seen this issue with their monster?
*Note: It's hot here and water temp is 83~85 no heater (I turned off heater in summer)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
This is why my Aimara grow slower then any other wolf I keep. Hunger strikes seem regular with both of my Aimara.

My largest Iguaza is only a few inches off the Aimara that's been here almost 5 years. That Aimara is only a few inches smaller then the Lower Xingu Lacerdae that's 7+ years old.

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Not too familiar with wolves yet but I know my bichirs use to love shrimp and now none will eat it. Maybe hes just going on a hunger strike? Maybe the change of water temp made him go on strike because the environment changed.

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
Wolves always have friggin hunger strikes. I wouldnt worry. When first got my curupira. never ate for 2-3wks. then took tilapia. then I starved him LOl. now on pellets

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Alright, I have no problem to starve him, I was worried if he got digest problem :p Thanks everyone! /cheer.
I won't try to train my wolf on pellets because I got bad nose, I'm easy allergic especially with the smell from hikari carmstick/massivore, it's make me sneeze alot everytimes I open the bag :p

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Hes just mad with you for some unknown reason.. with wolves its worth only feeding once a week or so.. overfeeding has always been my crux and caused liver failure.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Hes just mad with you for some unknown reason.. with wolves its worth only feeding once a week or so.. overfeeding has always been my crux and caused liver failure.
When I first got it, it's look abit skinny :p so I fed it 2x times a day for 2 weeks (there significant noticed on growth rate and body mass build up after 3 weeks), then I cut back 1 time a day, look like I will put it on 3 times a week from now on, thanks for suggestion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store