Worms!!

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
I do water changes 2wice a week on all 4 tanks.. I feed my all my fish once a day and it's homemade food... Also I test my tanks on a daily basis so I'm fully aware of any slightest change of any sort... I just hope this isn't something more then just a common mishap. I did also purchase some plants when I bought the silver dollar.. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.... And also how would it get into all 4 of my tanks?... And I also noticed something hanging out of my male jack dempsey, not sure if this is even related but maybe I could gain an answer... It's underneath him and it almost looks like 2 tiny fins hanging out.. And my male and female have been scratching off things in the tank.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
I do water changes 2wice a week on all 4 tanks.. I feed my all my fish once a day and it's homemade food... Also I test my tanks on a daily basis so I'm fully aware of any slightest change of any sort... I just hope this isn't something more then just a common mishap. I did also purchase some plants when I bought the silver dollar.. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.... And also how would it get into all 4 of my tanks?... And I also noticed something hanging out of my male jack dempsey, not sure if this is even related but maybe I could gain an answer... It's underneath him and it almost looks like 2 tiny fins hanging out.. And my male and female have been scratching off things in the tank.
Screenshot_2016-02-11-18-41-29.png

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I didn't realize They were on the fish. Ive had planaria crawl on bottom dwellers before it's possible. If it's anchor worms you'll usually see a red spot with a small white "thread" hanging out. That thread has a forked tail at the tip.

Don't treat unless you're sure. Can you post clearer photos? If it it's anchor worms,
Dimilin kills anchor worms with ease. On eBay Amazon, etc

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
I didn't realize They were on the fish. Ive had planaria crawl on bottom dwellers before it's possible. If it's anchor worms you'll usually see a red spot with a small white "thread" hanging out. That thread has a forked tail at the tip.

Don't treat unless you're sure. Can you post clearer photos? If it it's anchor worms,
Dimilin kills anchor worms with ease. On eBay Amazon, etc
Oh no I just wanted to know what that was coming out of my jack dempsey.. Unrelated lol... There isn't anything on my fish

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
There are two real common tank inhabitants that frequent aquariums from plants and detritus left over in the substrate. Those are hydra and planaria. Hydra look like little anemones (the kind you see in the ocean) stuck to the glass. Harmless unless you have extremely small fry swimming around. Planaria are just harmless little white worms, small fish love to eat them.

as for the JD...need a clear photo to diagnose that one.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
There are two real common tank inhabitants that frequent aquariums from plants and detritus left over in the substrate. Those are hydra and planaria. Hydra look like little anemones (the kind you see in the ocean) stuck to the glass. Harmless unless you have extremely small fry swimming around. Planaria are just harmless little white worms, small fish love to eat them.

as for the JD...need a clear photo to diagnose that one.
Yea Since all this had happened I think my jack dempseys may be spawning lol what I originally thought that a worm was there upon inspection seems to have been something else but not sure exactly what.. But ever since then my fish have been acting extremely weird circling each other and the female sitting in one area and leaving and the male coming in ur her spot when she leaves.... I have no experience with this and if it is happening I need people to answer me faster cuz I'm scared and nervous lol... But I have no Idea what eggs look like when dropped and I heard they turn tan.. I have tan sand as substrate lol.. And how big are eggs? Anyways here's some pics of what I found a little while ago.. The tree base has crevices on the base and it's filled with something all around plus when I've seen both the male and female inhale by the tree

Screenshot_2016-02-12-05-28-41.png

Screenshot_2016-02-12-05-30-03.png

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Yea Since all this had happened I think my jack dempseys may be spawning lol what I originally thought that a worm was there upon inspection seems to have been something else but not sure exactly what.. But ever since then my fish have been acting extremely weird circling each other and the female sitting in one area and leaving and the male coming in ur her spot when she leaves.... I have no experience with this and if it is happening I need people to answer me faster cuz I'm scared and nervous lol... But I have no Idea what eggs look like when dropped and I heard they turn tan.. I have tan sand as substrate lol.. And how big are eggs? Anyways here's some pics of what I found a little while ago.. The tree base has crevices on the base and it's filled with something all around plus when I've seen both the male and female inhale by the tree also this is there slate and flower pot also.. Not sure if that's sand or not

View attachment 1165067

View attachment 1165068
Screenshot_2016-02-12-05-30-42.png

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
they'll most likely lay the eggs on that flat rock or the ceramic dish you have in there. I can't see any eggs in the pics but they may be there.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
they'll most likely lay the eggs on that flat rock or the ceramic dish you have in there. I can't see any eggs in the pics but they may be there.
Here's maybe a better look... They are like bunches in the crevices lumped together

Screenshot_2016-02-12-07-18-44.png

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
those very well could be eggs. if this is your pairs first spawn be prepared for the eggs to be eaten or just not be viable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store