Yellow tail freshwater barracuda (Acestrorhynchus falcirostris)

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
Anyone experience keeping this cudas? I'm getting one for myself when I get my unknown sabertooth tetra. The cuda is around 3". Anyone know what's the growth rate of this fish? I used to kept 2 red tail cudas but they got eaten.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've had the redtails and the yellowtails before and the yellows seemed to be more timid than the reds.They would just look at the feeders while the reds snapped them up,always getting the least of the food.Do you know if your supplier ships to the states?

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
krichardson;3044472; said:
I've had the redtails and the yellowtails before and the yellows seemed to be more timid than the reds.They would just look at the feeders while the reds snapped them up,always getting the least of the food.Do you know if your supplier ships to the states?
He only ship around Canada. I'll try and ask him. His actually a member here as well. Try to pm Charles Lam. That's his user name too.

He also have the red tail but the red tails don't grow as big as the yellow tail. I used to have the red tail too.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks,wasnt aware of the size difference but the reds are really impressive once they get some size to them.

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
krichardson;3044627; said:
Thanks,wasnt aware of the size difference but the reds are really impressive once they get some size to them.
My red only grew to 7" and got eaten by my 5" bichirs. They ripped it apart when the lights are off. The next morning the head and some body part remained.

I saw a 14" yellow tail before at my LFS but the fins were deformed.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow,that was a nightmare.Those Bichirs sound vicious,I have only seen the yellows sold at six inches around here.

hybridtheoryd16

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
kentucky
Yes i have kept reds, yellows and now I have some that are a unknown species to me anyway. I have a thread in the media section at the top of the page. It is labeled pics of the cuda tank. -----check it out----If you know alot about cuda maybe you can Id these for me. -------------I know they do best in groups of atleast 3. And they are very fragile at first and get tail rot often. Until they get acclimated and then it is never a problem again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store