You can save the world right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
I'm not one for pushing ideology's, beliefs or lifestyles on others, however I do want to try and let others see something for what it really is. The fact is the world is dying, and we need to do something, but what? Buy eco friendly cars? Turn off your house lights? Recycling? All these things are great and necessary. But the current projections are that by doing this we won't see a positive impact for at least 18years at a cost of over 10 trillion dollars. That's not good enough.
What if you could save the world right now? Stop world hunger
Stop deforestation
Stop killing the oceans
Stop global warming
Stop animal suffering
Would you do it?
All it takes is living and thriving on an all plant diet I.e veganism.
It's completely changed my life and the way I see the world.
If your an open minded person go online and search for the facts, a great documentary on Netflix, cowspiracys, really drove the point home for me. I can't stress how much you all should watch this or one of the other great documentarys.
If you don't want to watch it then that's your choice, and if you do watch it and still think eating meat or dairy is an acceptable thing to do, not just for the animal suffering, but for the impact it has on the planet, then I pity you. That may seem harsh and very self righteous but I can't agree with or accept someone that is OK with killing our planet, cause believe it or not, its the only one we got.
I'm saying this in the hope that it has a positive impact on at least one person, cause that's the start of the most important quest on earth.
I'm ready for all the flak I'll get regarding this all, but I won't hold it against you, cause in the end your only hurting yourself and everyone else.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Nope cross my name off the list.

I'm sorry but look at history.

The four great extinctions have happened and we're in the middle of the fifth.

The earth has an equilibrium point and all we're doing is pushing it.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Those who can't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Why do we have to go thru a great extinction event? We are at a point in history were we can actually have a positive impact on the planet, yet instead of doing something you'd rather just let it be, caue its easier for you.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Those who can't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Why do we have to go thru a great extinction event? We are at a point in history were we can actually have a positive impact on the planet, yet instead of doing something you'd rather just let it be, caue its easier for you.
Have you spent a day in an American high school? I've lost hope for humanity all together. The concept is great I'll give you that feasibility is very low.

Reactions: millerkid519

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Yes, all the cattle raising for factory farms and fast food is bad for the planet, but conservation of wild animal populations through hunting has many benefits.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
I'm not American so no, and yeah I agree socire is pretty f'd up, but that's why I am doing this. History is full of people that have looked at what's wrong in the world and said enough is enough, I want to be a part of that. The only alternative is to be part of the problem, part of the group that says its unfeasible, too difficult or that there just one person.
Well its not unfeasible, you personally can do it right now, its almost too easy.
And as far as you only being one person, well heres a statistic, by going vegan you would save up to 1.8 tons of greenhouse gasses a year. That's one person. If ten people do it that's 18 tons, if a hundred did it that's 180 tons. That's more than you'll save by changing you car or lightbulbs to energy efficient models.
Give it a chance and restore that lost faith in humanity by becoming a glimmer of hope and progress.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Yes, all the cattle raising for factory farms and fast food is bad for the planet, but conservation of wild animal populations through hunting has many benefits.
yes, it would be more feasible to try to convince more people to hunt wild animals and eat what you kill

the only way i'll become a vegetarian is if there's a plant out there that tastes like steak, or slow cooked baby back ribs

or if I had a wife who is a vegetarian and she prepared all my meals.

find me a wife who will do that, pay for my divorce and child support fees and i'm all in

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
yes, it would be more feasible to try to convince more people to hunt wild animals and eat what you kill
They actually touch on this in the documentary, that there simply is not enough animals to support a meat eating world.
I can't help you on the wife front but on the steak front there is great alternatives, but its more how you cook and season these alternative food items that'll make you see that you can give up the meat but not the flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store