How Long Has Your Equipment Lasted?

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
Penguin 350 biowheel. about 10 years, in an allglass 55 gallon, whichis about 16 years old, with a 10 year old crack (sealed with silicone)

josh pelican

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2008
Dartmouth, NS
My aunt and uncle gave me a 20 gallon tank for fry a few months ago, on it was an AquaClear 150 and a Hagen Radiant hang-on heater. Both of these products are at least 15 years old, and still kicking it.

rocker85675

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2008
edmonton, alberta
ebojager heaters and ehiem fiters are bulletproof, and i hate cannister's! i've had no problems with magdrive pumps either. used them for many years hassle free. aquaclear filters run forever too. now where is the thread for crappy products so we can all be informed customers?

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Well I did retire the supreme aquamaster this past fall.It had run from late 1970s to 2007 with a 6 year break.It was still working fine when I shut it down.Only reason is my new linear piston airpump powers my entire fishroom using less electricity.That filter sound was background noise in my life for most of my life.I kind of wanted to let it go till it wore out but with electricity prices I just couldnt justify it.It retired a champ.

Ntvper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2008
Albuquerque
loach43;305760; said:
I've got an eheim 2213 that's been running since 1989 without any servicing or replacement parts except the hoses.

Said that before in other posts but had to say it again because to me it's shocking.

Would like to hear from others about longest lasting submersible heaters.
Been using Hydor heaters completely submersible, or just above water line mark in smaller tanks for years and years, think the one in my 55 gal is at least six or seven years old still keeping temp just right. And to boot the price aint that bad for a 200-300 watt around 30-40 bucks at FS. Only way to go with my Oscars is them since thier no thermal shock rated and my Oscars love to move stuff around even when thier suctioned to aquarium walls.

Ntvper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2008
Albuquerque
Mattyou;1807252; said:
Almost anyting HAGEN makes, but the Aqua Clear series of hang-on flters are bulletproof.
lol even when your fish spit sand and gravel up the tube for sport. I kid you not seen em do it to amuse themselves or they like the whine of the motor when sand is in it. Have to repeatedly almost daily clean out the sand from the motor where the propeller is (tip: use Q-tips)

maccus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2008
Fort Lauderdale FL
I've had my Rena Filstar XP3 canister for over 2 years with absolutely no problems. I've been nothing but impressed with this piece of equipment.

ronin_man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
AIR PUMPS :

i have had all of these for 10 or 11 years
Hagen Elite 799, 800, 801 and optima, all of which have been running almost none stop except for the 799 and 801 which had 3 year breaks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store