POST PICS OF YOUR SHRIMP, CRAYS, CRABS AND LOBSTERS HERE

Docsoldlady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
NH
This is the prego female whisker shrimp when she was hiding and had the eggs in her head

This is Krusty my blue crayfish *NOTE TO SELF CLEAN THE GLASS*

Prego whisker shrimp, you can see her eggs

SanguineBane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Denver, Colorado
This is a photo of my male Blue Knight Lobster. He's still a little guy, so he hasn't quite yet started to color up. He did, however, molt sometime over the past two days.

Kinda toying with submitting this for a POTM entry...

285_8515.jpg

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
fome ppl say that blue crawfish r filter feeders and dont eat fish and i thought they ate fish like any other crawfish and ate fish so do they eat fish or lil microscopic stuff?

Docsoldlady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
NH
all_or_nothin;2766799; said:
fome ppl say that blue crawfish r filter feeders and dont eat fish and i thought they ate fish like any other crawfish and ate fish so do they eat fish or lil microscopic stuff?
My blue crayfish eats guppies, ghost shrimp, picks at flakes that hit the bottom, algae tablets, and shrimp pellets. I was told to feed them anything sinking. I think they are more opportunistic when it comes to food than anything else. I would assume (s)he would also eat another cray if given the chance. I have seen my cray picking at the gravel like my shrimp do so I assume (s)he may be eating small stuff but I doubt it is microscopic.

Bamboo shrimp and Vampire shrimp are filter feeders despite their appearance.

Fishcrunch

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2009
Texas
Crayfish are so beast! but i cant seem to find any small local creeks around here or petstores that carry them..

dudey

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2008
us
Chris E;2774082; said:
My New Zealand native coldwater crayfish - "Claws"

that thing is sick!!! ship one my way!!

heres my blue cray has molted three or four times since this pic, regrew his claw, then lost it again :screwy:.

He has survived sharing a tank with breeding convicts, a juvy rhom, another tank with 9 red belly piranhas, back to another juvy rhom, back to the red bellys and is now living my elong piranha right now. His little buddy that was bought on the same day lasted two days. Hes a keepers..

cray.JPG

cray1.JPG

Reactions: Balistik928
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store