Another attempt to I.D. my ray.

Copeina

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
The one on the right is a humerosa. The one on the left came in as "Rare Ray - Peru"

Here's a better shot from above.

She'd been on hunger strike for about a month, then suddenly got super aggressive and now gorges herself on as much as I throw in the tank. Still looking a bit skinny, but no question as to her good health.

The game continues! :thumbsup:

Thanks folks,
/Kris

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
Nice specimins. Probably could eat some more though.

They are an unlisted sp falling under Potamotrygon sp. We get them every once in a while listed as Black Motoro's or Black Common. Where did you get them. We have an importer in your area I wonder if they could be from us.

Copeina

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Motoro you say... :eek: anyone want to trade for a female humerosa?

She came from Petland in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I would have to check which importer Kurt used, as he transships from different companies quite regularly.

I know the papers just said "Rare Ray" and it was from the Peru order list. She was the same price as a humerosa or young motoro, so it's not like I paid a mint for her...

Thanks for the information.
/Kris

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
Looks a lot like pics of scobinas of seen and mine. Also looks like some peru ray ECZS has he calls a marble ray!?

Copeina

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
It's not actually a motoro.

They're simple not classified under any scientific name, therefore, they're called a variant of the motoro ray.

Does anyone have these and know how big they get?

Is it worth trying to breed it to my humerosa?

Thanks again,
/Kris

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
looks like mine a potamotrygon sp a peruvian undescribed species also known as sasha ray.
i have heard they get to around 16'' max for females and males a little smaller but we will see as i plan on growing mine out which should not take long the way it eats.
hers a pic of mine.

DSCF0159.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store