Show your groupers!

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Please show your groupers.
I see a lot of people with huge aquariums and lagoons and nobody has any groupers wtf!!?!?:irked:

I have a 23" saddleback grouper and my 17" miniatus
Sorry no camera...

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Hes a d bag. my saddle back despite his size gets along with everyone. the miniatus tries to kill my lionfish and almost killed a toadfish.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Hes a good looking grouper. He the only fish in the tank or what is he housed with?

asing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
New Hampshire
Thanks. I was looking for a blueline for a while and never saw one around and Im not a fan of ordering live s$#t online, like to see it in person, and one day I went to the one of the lfs and they just happened to take him in on trade the day before, so I just had to have him. got him with a volitan and a picasso trigg. Him and the volitan dont seem to notice each other but sometimes the trigg and him get into a little "beef", usually over territory (when the trigg swims a little too close to his cave). grouper is over twice the triggs size...basically its his tank. But so far so good. within the next year I will be upgrading to a 180 or bigger so there wont be too many territory issues.

asing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
New Hampshire
how big is your tank! you gotta have a monster to house a 2ft and 1.5ft grouper in there. Ive heard that tank has gotta be pretty big for two groupers, I can only imagine with those monsters in there.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
"Whats up singh" Harry's voice..aha. Take some more updated pics, those ones up now dont do justice to the vast array of blues in that grouper.. hes gorgeous

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
nope my tank is only 240, they grew up together. unfortunatly the saddleback just passed away the other day. I dk what happened he was just upside down with all this red stuff on him. was my favorite fish. just have the 16" miniatus, looking for a tomato grouper or a blueline grouper next. But the groupers got along great, sometimes the saddleback would shake his head at the miniatus when he was near his cave. but they got along with the other fish, volitan lionfish, dragon eel, and some angels.
i'll try and get pics one of these days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store