Petsmart now selling Flowerhorns and Red Texas cichlids?

adrian73044

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Oklahoma
Yesterday I went by several Petsmarts just killing time and one store had a tank labeled with Red Texas but there weren't any and I asked an employee about them and they said they had sold out. So I went to another store to see if they had any and they had a tank labeled flowerhorn but it was empty but they didn't have a red texas tank. Has anyone else seen any of these fish actually in stock at other Petsmarts?

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I saw one at my petsmart last week, but it was gone yesterday. I don't think it looked horrible, but I'm not a big fan of flowerhorns anyways. At about 3" the price wasn't bad though.

adrian73044

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Oklahoma
The price for the red texas tank that I saw was like $11.99 which I thought was a pretty decent price if they looked decent but the flowerhorn tank had them listed at $29 or $25 I can't quite remember exact price. Here in oklahoma you don't see red texas or flowerhorns very often so I thought it was pretty nice to have them available.

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
wow .... Flowerhorns and Red Texas going mainstream.

Top of the world ma, top of the world!!!

csaechao

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
Colorado
yea i've started to see them around here also. the flowerhorns aren't anything impressive. the RT was sold out though.

HokieFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Norf Cackalacky
Same here in NC. The local PS has one FH that is about 2.5" long going for $26 I believe. They have a tank labeled for Red Texas, but I've never seen any at the store. I think they are listed for $6.
Not been too thrilled with the selection at PS, that's why I've been driving about an hour to go to a decent LFS in Charlotte NC. The Pet Smarts near me always have such a small variety of CA/SA and nothing (except for the poor quality Blood Parrots) is over 3" long.

Cecropia

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
US
I bought out the local stores RTs lol. $7 and change a pop... we'll see if they're legit or not in a few months

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
ones we got in looked like really low grade flowerhorns labled as RTs, and the flowerhorn was a smutty looking red dragon with poor coloration but decent kok potential

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store