The Camera Thread

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Yeah, I have a 10-22 wide angle efs that would be worthless on a mark ii. I would hate having a great lens that was worthless because of platform choice. I think the 7d probably leads for in this area. Although not all fish related, here are a few of my favorite pics over the last few years
This is a great capture (The orangutan with his tongue out). It's very sharp.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
Here a picture with my Nikon coolpix p500
DSCN0009.JPGDSCN0010.JPG

DSCN0009.JPG

DSCN0010.JPG

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
Very nice, Chonh! I picked up my 7d last week :D I already took 400 pics at the zoo and another 100 or so while hiking this weekend.

Aquatically_Inclined_74

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 23, 2012
Vancouver, WA.
www.facebook.com
So, i am an avid (but still moderately new to it) photographer. I have tried different settings for my camera - i have a Canon XTi 75-300 zoom lens, and a Canon Digital 28-80 lens. I've noticed that the normal stuff applies to taking pics, but it's much more intense and needs extra knowledge to do so. Lighting, Focal length, ISO and Aperture and shutter speed come into play. The slower the shutter speed the better, but if your zoomed in (at least with a shorter small lens) the fish is going to fast for it to process and the light isn't there to make the shutter faster. Hence, the ok looking photo with a fish that's blurred. But with a faster shutter speed, the same amount of light, it won't snap the picture because of it. So fish moving: I've had luck at 1/30th of a second on 400-800 ISO, with an F stop of between 3.8 or so and 5. Hope this helps!

Tunnel Rat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Australia
I think it is much easier when you have nailed the lighting. For me it's all about the lighting all the rest comes together if you have the right amount of light to start with.
I use a flash in a light box on top of my tanks would work even better if I had a second light box down lower.

_MG_2881finnothardcon.jpg

_MG_2881finnothardcon.jpg

chonhzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Fresno CA
I think it is much easier when you have nailed the lighting. For me it's all about the lighting all the rest comes together if you have the right amount of light to start with.
I use a flash in a light box on top of my tanks would work even better if I had a second light box down lower.

View attachment 790406
I agree lighting is everything, but I takes time to learn. I can honestly say that I love shooting with strobes. By learning a few tricks you can turn a normally boring picture into a great one.

Here's a shot I did this passed weekend by the lake while the sun was still up.

IMG_2359-2 by ChonhLee, on Flickr

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store