Parrot Breed With Frontosa ;0

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
i don't believe this.. not one bit... a frontosa is a mouth brooder, a BP ( ugly fish btw, sorry ) are egg layers...... egg layers and mouth brooders will NOT breed, they would not even show spawning behavior.. unless you have pics or videos of them in breeding MOTION... i will not believe this..... sorry. but this is not even possible......

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
Hes not showing a vid or pic so I do not believe him/her. Could it be another time waster?

Sent from my LT26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
BTW, dont even know why you have ca/sa (or hybrid of the two) mixed with africans...... i dont believe in entermixing different species together. ( ca with ca, sa with sa, or ca/sa mix. and africans with africans.. not africans with ca/sa ) they both have different ways of expressing aggression....

Glasman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2009
Kentucky
He said he would post a video today, and its still quite early, give him a chance.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lol, if you want to talk about 'possible', then it's possible for a human to breed with a fish. Yes, that's right. However, when it comes to the likelihood, of course chances are extremely slim and I stress the extremely, but it does not mean that it's impossible.

Between two cichlids, it's the same story, except it's less implausible. Yes they may have different behaviors and all that, but it still doesn't make it impossible. There are both mouthbrooding Severum species (e.g. Heros severus) and substrate spawners (Heros efasciatus) for example that can hybridize.

And you can only imagine what other sort of behaviour could separate different species of cichlids from each other, but by luck two individuals of said different species could somehow bypass all that.

But again, unlikeliness is still unlikeliness, so even though it's possible, I also highly doubt that a Frontosa can crossbreed with a BP successfully. But again, who knows. Hence why I told OP that if the eggs are fertilized, then it's really important to keep 'em alive. I could ask for pics and vids as well, but others already asked that. I merely didn't want to repeat the same thing over and over.

But yeah, just want to reinforce what I said - it's possible, but very, very, very, very unlikely.

[EDIT]

Lol on the mixing africans and americans. Americans, from the same region (CA/SA) have different ways of expressing aggression. Try mixing a Red Devil and a Red Bay Snook. Yeah that'd work out juuuuust fine.

One of the biggest misconceptions is that africans can't be mixed with americans, which is laughable. We mix all sorts of fish all the time, from loaches to catfish to gouramis to sharks (not the cartilaginous ones) to cichlids to rainbowfish to whatever else, these all require different parameters. Many of these have 'parameters' that match even less than mixing african and american cichlids. Of course, delicate species of fish not withstanding tho, obviously they need practically precise water parameters to survive. But most other fish, especially those that have been breed in the hobby for ages, are very resilient. Much of the parameters are underestimated anyways, since it's what is measured directly from the waters there, but that does not meant that's the maximum the fish can survive in. It's like humans, just because you live in a 24-34 degrees for ever doesn't mean you can't actually live in like 18 degrees and below or 36 degrees and above or something. :) Plus the aquarium strains are generally more resilient anyways.

Anyways I digress, but yeh.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store