Arowana with curved spine, why??

imcrystal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Indianappyville, IN
I've had my arowana for about 6-8 months. It was only about 4 inches when I bought him and he had artificial blue color from uncle bills. I noticed his spine curving not longer after we bought him but I can't find anything online to explain it. I saw plenty of pictures on google with arowana having their spine bowing upwards but not dipping down like mine. Could he just be deformed? Or could it have been the artificial color? Please help!image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Agastya

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
broken back from banging against the tank. How big is your tank?

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Yea it definitely messed up it's back. There's nothing you can do. As long as the fish swims and eats well and it doesn't bother you to look at, then you should have no problems. You will need a significantly larger tank though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Yea it definitely messed up it's back. There's nothing you can do. As long as the fish swims and eats well and it doesn't bother you to look at, then you should have no problems. You will need a significantly larger tank though. Or better yet a pond.

Agastya

Feeder Fish
Mar 20, 2016
Hi sir I have an Arowana as well... With a similar problem and I have a perfect solution to save your fish.. When I was looking for a solution for my fis . Alocal fish shop person had told me this the problem is because of the heater so firstly reduce your heater totaly making it slightly hot than room temperature. Secondly reduce the water to 25% of the tank and add rock salt that is iodised salt a wrist full. My tank size is 2ft by1ft by1ft.and do a everyday water change. Keeping a air pump and turning off the filter. Keep the heater on on 18°C. It is my garentuee that how ever old you Arowana is it will get cured. Please do keep me posted about your fish really looking forward to save or cure it. I'll be posting a before and after picture as well of my fish,
. Thank you
Regards, Agastya

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store