Do You Boycott Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2013
washinton
here her little glo fish, tiger barbs Danio and the such, i think they cute. and we aint eating them. better with the black light on.
2013-11-12_19-01-15_497.jpg

2013-10-25_09-32-33_701.jpg

2013-10-25_09-32-46_527.jpg

2013-11-12_19-01-15_497.jpg

popss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2013
washinton
no ideal how the pleco got in.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eddie and Lee, I mean that I won't put one more dime into that system than is forced by law. I'm seeking any/all ways to work around it. already gotta pay twice as much to get less coverage. so, will go even further out of my way to not help sustain that system. as close to "not buying" can get, legally.
It's no different than someone avoiding certain businesses, due to their personal values. This is just harder(impossible) to do 100%.
:-[
thanks for the clarification... I for one, even though a card carrying liberal, am really disappointed in the way this is unfolding and don't blame you for your obvious frustration.. don't fret too much, it is bound to get better,, AND I really hope it works out well for everyone in the long haul,good luck to all:)

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
So you'll boycott Obamacare by buying health insurance...but buying the least expensive coverage you can?

I think a lot of us are "boycotting Obamacare" then :nilly:

Do people realize that (under ACA AKA Obamacare) the decision to sell health insurance (in states), how much to charge for it, and what (insurance) products to sell (or not sell) is up to commercial insurance companies (Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Aetna, etc.) and not the government?

The ACA actually requires insurance companies to demonstrate that insurance companies put a certain percentage of expenses toward paying for healthcare (and not executive salaries, profits, etc.)...and those companies who don't are required to pass the difference back to their customers ($1.1B in premiums were returned to people last year).

Matt

Eddie and Lee, I mean that I won't put one more dime into that system than is forced by law. I'm seeking any/all ways to work around it. already gotta pay twice as much to get less coverage. so, will go even further out of my way to not help sustain that system. as close to "not buying" can get, legally.
It's no different than someone avoiding certain businesses, due to their personal values. This is just harder(impossible) to do 100%.
:-[

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
The ACA provides discounts to those who qualify on commercial insurance rates (i.e. people with low income but not low enough to qualify for Medicaid).

Be angry (protest!) insurance companies for setting high rates...or canceling products... or for years of egregious practices (that are now illegal under Obamacare)...

Much of the anger at the ACA represents hostility to the President (for being, uh, Hawaiian). The first month of the sign-up website has been a fiasco, I agree, but there are many months still to sign up and at the end of the day millions more Americans will have quality health insurance...

Matt

So you'll boycott Obamacare by buying health insurance...but buying the least expensive coverage you can?

I think a lot of us are "boycotting Obamacare" then :nilly:

Do people realize that (under ACA AKA Obamacare) the decision to sell health insurance (in states), how much to charge for it, and what (insurance) products to sell (or not sell) is up to commercial insurance companies (Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Aetna, etc.) and not the government?

The ACA actually requires insurance companies to demonstrate that insurance companies put a certain percentage of expenses toward paying for healthcare (and not executive salaries, profits, etc.)...and those companies who don't are required to pass the difference back to their customers ($1.1B in premiums were returned to people last year).

Matt

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Let’s not turn this thread into a referendum on Obamacare.

libayn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
GA
Agreed.we can post opinions on here with out justifying them.the dude has asked you to leave him alone so take your questions,soap box and go to the bathroom.there is a mirror where you can ask your Q's all you like and it might even give an answer but please leave the guy alone and have fun with the thread.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a boycott but also won't buy ford or Chevy.when I was a teen I went threw a lot of motors and transmissions.i went threw 4 motor rebuilds and 3 trans in 2 years in a ford ranger.my Dodge and Toyota was the only ones who held up to the ignorance of my teenage driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store