How Long Has Your Equipment Lasted?

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I have an AGA 75g from 1994 and 2 AGA 40 breeders from 1988. I resealed the 75 for piece of mind, but the 40's have original silicone as far as I know. Stained green from somebody treating ich way back when lol.

I have an eheim 2213 thats been run for 3 years non stop with very little maintenance. (Neglect)

I have a fluval 104 that I picked up second hand. For free. It has been in my posession a few years. It has to be atleast 15 years old. Just replaced impeller and shaft. After running it a year with a broken shaft and a missing impeller blade. Runs like a champ.
Better than my 1 year old 406.

I have a total of 4 pennplax heat master supremes from the 1980s. I use them as back ups when my submersibles quit working. Badass heaters. (I should probably just use them all the time) My old man still uses them and has rebuild kits for them in the original packaging laying around his fishroom.

I have a tetra-tec 2 outlet air pump from the late 90's thats been running 24/7 since I got it a few years back.

My 40g planted tank is on an iron 3 tank rack from the 1970s. Repainted it and installed new 3/8" grade 8 hardware. Metal is 3x as thick as what they use now.

Got a few AGA fluorescent lightfixtures from the 80's

Also running some air driven box filters that are older than I am in my cichlid fry growout tank.

Conversely my ac110 (500) quit after 2 years. Sand may have been the culprit.

Alexraptor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Sweden
aquatic.alexraptor.com
I have an Eheim 2210 internal filter for my single redbelly that has served me well for nearly 11 years now.
Also have an Eheim 2006 that I must have had for like 13 years now, and other than having replaced a cracked filter holder its in perfect working order.
Also have a pair of "Fluval 1 Plus" filters that I have aso had for around 11-12 years

Reactions: convict360

girliefishlips

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2010
North TX
Maxijet powerheads. I bought 4 in the early/mid 90s and just had one finally short out the cord. The rest have been the best, most reliable, go-to pumps for me. I use them (originally) to power undergravel filters and for tank circulation, but, now mostly for utility work such as maintence pumps. I have used them as emergency sump return pumps (they were never made for that type work) that ended up being a long term 'temporary'. I used one as the return for a nano reef tank for over a year, and, now that same MJ1200 is the 'temporary' return sump pump for my 37 since the new mag drive failed. These truly have been workhorse pumps for me.

fisheb

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2013
OH
another plus +1 for the Aquaclear filter line. I have a couple coming up on 20 years of uninterrupted service with the only maintenance being replacing the impeller due to damage caused by sand. These are real workhorses.

I also have had very good results from Eheim Jager heaters.

I have sworn off Fluval filters after several failures from three different filters. Never again.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
My grandfather have airpump from the 1990. I can't belive but this airpump is still runing. :)
It's metal and heavy but Bulletprof.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store