Discus with a dent??

Andrew101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2015
Hi I have had discus for almost a year now and they are all doing fine eating and good water qualities. I do a 30% water change every other day and age my water for 48 hours to maintain a stray ph but one of my discus has been sitting at the top corner swimming and eating very little and he is one of my oldest discus but he has a dent in his body and I'm not sure what it is or how to treat it. They get a healthy diet because they're from discus Hans and I feed them Hans discus mix. I have tried just doing more water changes and adding some salt. And unfortunately I can't get any pictures because the dent is not noticeable in photos.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
One of my Discus has a slight indentation between its tail and midbody, I don't think its ever been a problem. I've also seen dents at the top of the head when they get skinny from parasites, hopefully someone with more expertise can chime in.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Probably just old age I'm getting dents where I shouldn't either. Do what you been doing if it's eating and acting normal I wouldn't even worry about it

babers

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
WI
Well now it's laying on the gravel on its side.
How's the discus doing? How are your water paramenters? Any new fish in the tanks? How's the poo? Any signs of distress breathing? I know you said you can't take pictures of him... But pictures speak a thousand words.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store