living room oasis pt2

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Well look at this ****.. people all talkative! :)

Yeah sorry mr world wide, ofcourse global.. accept my kidney and don't smite me!

Yeah, agree on all points re fb..

Try it.. i love it.. we have some really dark winters here and this setup really helps with the mood..

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Look at that and you where the catalyst that got the ball rollin'.

It'll do for now, I'll let you know if further tribute is required. lol

I maybe moving in the near future so I may just try it since if I do move I plan on having a dedicated fishroom instead of tanks scattered throughout the house like they are now. I can't express how much I like the dimensions. Everybody has plenty of room from what I can see and lots of room to maneuver out each others way. Long narrow tanks IMO promote aggression because even though fish have room to swim they don't have much room to get out of line of sight. Despite loving comm's I was considering going with species/pairs dedicated tanks because of that. This might be exactly what I need for a nice centerpiece comm.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Love the tank too. Dark winters? Can it be?

Its part of something called "hidden moves".. i would assume after looking it up on google its some artsy symbolism gone mainstream sort of deal..

Girlfriend is all artsy and brought it home, accompanied by a what i have to assume is a decapitated (and therefore?) angry tiger wearing a 80s fighter helmet with a red star..

So no thought involved on my part.. i'm just happy i dont have to suffer through those carved out ikea letters spelling "carpe diem" or "home sweet home" in a sorry attempt to convince visitors your'e still having sex..
That bit is entertaining to read, if not too explicit by the end... I sense a fellow cynical comic that's pretty good with words :) No offense.

How is the alleged decapitated tiger wearing a helmet, I mean on what does it rest? The red star implies a pinch of politics thrown into the "hidden moves", whatever it is... and so does the peace symbol on the aforementioned cool cat, helmeted too by the way... I'd tiptoe around and carefully probe if your better half is more into helmets and politically charged statements and the artsiness is a cover up...

Last edited:
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Oh, your spider sense is on point good sir.. i can always lean on english not being my primary language if i get out of line and besides koltsixx promised not to smite me..

Yeah, dark they are.. 6 months of darkness..

Mm.. but then again.. we are a humanitarian super power, i really wouldnt know who to report her to.. i'd probably get a 2 day course from a priviliged lady with sea shell glasses who will teach me to embrace the cultural differences of my girlfriend being a russian spy..

The tigers' head is still in the helmet.. and smoking a cigar..

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Look at that and you where the catalyst that got the ball rollin'.

It'll do for now, I'll let you know if further tribute is required. lol

I maybe moving in the near future so I may just try it since if I do move I plan on having a dedicated fishroom instead of tanks scattered throughout the house like they are now. I can't express how much I like the dimensions. Everybody has plenty of room from what I can see and lots of room to maneuver out each others way. Long narrow tanks IMO promote aggression because even though fish have room to swim they don't have much room to get out of line of sight. Despite loving comm's I was considering going with species/pairs dedicated tanks because of that. This might be exactly what I need for a nice centerpiece comm.
Yeah, really nice.. i've missed the forum..

Yeah.. its enormous for its size.. it really adds a dimension when your 30" arowana is coming straight at you.. and just like you say they all have the opportunity to get out of eachothers faces.. i'm actually impressed by your observational skills.. you got the dynamics of the tank without even seeing it..

Just for you!

Last edited:

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Yaay!

Yup.. it took some time just tuning stuff.. right now i have a load of tech that isnt even plugged in.. in the beginning i had no plants to deal with the waste but the more growth tye less technology needed..

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Thank you very much..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store