Good morning from a growing EBJD

JoeBoxer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
Canada
Beautiful fish! I don't know much about them but I know they can get gnarly when they get bigger. When do these things tend to start with them?

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Beautiful fish! I don't know much about them but I know they can get gnarly when they get bigger. When do these things tend to start with them?
This is my 1st go with them, so learning as I go. I'm not really sure, it varies from individual to individual. I bought 2 at the same time. This one is doing really well. The 2nd is still only 2 inches and was getting bullied by this larger one. I've moved the smaller to a 20 gallon long to see if I can get it to grow as well. The smaller one is showing signs of deformed lower jaw (looks crooked) but is still eating, so we will see. I think from everything I've read, you have close to a 50/50 shot with these guys (why I bought 2). If they both make it that would be awesome!

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Absolutely gorgeous. .... great work of getting him survive through the tough phase!!!!!:)
Thanks!!! I think running my uv sanitizing filter 24/7 has helped. I have one in each tank. I read that makes a big difference in survival rate on these guys.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
What UV sanitizing filter do you use? I've had nothing but bad luck with these guys but haven't tried a UV filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store