16x9x9

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Fair enough. The glut content put me off at first, but I've generally made peace with it lol
I'm ok with that, it's suppose to be a more readily available source of carbon for plants. I could never see the effects of flourish excel which is why I always questioned how well it works. It's definitely not an economical way to add co2 to the water. I have seen the effects it has on algae and excel sensitive plants though

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Depends on pricing. I am just thinking that a small supply of co2 wont be too expensive and will work wonders on plants.

Apparently it also makes bolbitis easier to grow

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Depends on pricing. I am just thinking that a small supply of co2 wont be too expensive and will work wonders on plants.

Apparently it also makes bolbitis easier to grow
price depends on quantity, for nano aquariums it's cheaper; especially in the initial outlay; gas is better long term and offers the best form of carbon source

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
price depends on quantity, for nano aquariums it's cheaper; especially in the initial outlay; gas is better long term and offers the best form of carbon source
Ah ok.

Oooh yes. My one teacher had an 80 litre tank that cracked its base recently that he said i could have. If i can fix it my first proper scape is coming :)

It is a perfect fit, but the 2 long sides are open to viewing so i will have to get creative

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Ah ok.

Oooh yes. My one teacher had an 80 litre tank that cracked its base recently that he said i could have. If i can fix it my first proper scape is coming :)

It is a perfect fit, but the 2 long sides are open to viewing so i will have to get creative
Don't bother, a lot of work to fix cracked bottoms unless you just silicone glass over it. It is the bottom so looks don't really matter, can't see it with substrate anyways

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Don't bother, a lot of work to fix cracked bottoms unless you just silicone glass over it. It is the bottom so looks don't really matter, can't see it with substrate anyways
I plan on doing that, and it will have substrate so i am good. Would perspex work for that?

The thing is the tank is an odd size (79cm) which fits my desk, the next standard tanks are 90cm which are too long so this is worth it

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
So busy right now don't have much time for doing much but with the pressurized CO2 and the added ferts the growth of the plants has just exploded. Still needs a background but I slipped a piece if white paper back there for now. I'll post an update pic later so there's no glare
Try some wax paper with some blue LEDs behind for an interesting effect

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Picked up some dry ferts and began EI dosing today on the tank. Gave the carpet a huge trim of at leat 50% it's mass will keep updating on the growth rate difference and overall plant growth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store