Where are you located?:
west covina, california
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Picking-Shipping
Description:
Hydrocynus goliath 4.5" $125.00 each "True Congo giant"
Hydrocynus vittatus 4" $100.00

Tetradon mbu 1.5" babies $100.00 each

Tetradon schoutedni - this puffer was missing from the hobby for over 30 years, and just returning for the second season the pattern of the tetradon mbu, but max size at 3" and peaceful like mbu. can live with each other, there are videos on facebook of a guy breeding them! These are 1" fat little babbies $125.00 each

Hoplias aimara - wild Suriname giant variety - as seen on TV with Jeremy Wade.
5" cute babies that will bite your fingers till it bleeds $600.00 each

Cichla cf. occelaris "brokopondo" the star and map peacock.
these are wild true brokopondo bass, last seen a few years ago.
from 3-8" they sport spangles all over the body., and past 10" they star to have this marbled black swirl marks over the body. depending on individuals, some will have more and some less, also a red eye and gold body. 4" size $125.00 each

Cichla kelberi - captive bred Bahia Taiwan 4" eating cut fish and pellets $45.00 each

Cichla orinocensis "wild" circle spot, not Rio Meta. 3.5" $65.00 each

Potamotrygon boesemani -
I went to catch and source these fish myself. we have some well started sub adults in our USA facility. Shipped and sold to legal states only. Serious inquiries only.

Cyprichromis nigripinnis - 1.25" $18.00 each

Cyathopharynx foai 3.75" $30.00 each

Tor putitora babies 1.5" $45.00 each giant Indian golden masheers - google for full effect!

Brachyplatystoma vaillanti - Suriname 20" giants. These are likely to be different from Peru ones, as the River flow north into the Ocean, separated by a mountain. they can reach 3-4 feet in length. Metallic blue colors. $1500.00 each

Brachyplatystoma cf filamentosum "Suriname" These are much different than the ones in Peru, as some members have both and you can tell them apart easily.
Sold out!

Salminus franciscanus "Brazil" 4.25" chunky guys $$75.00 each
Golden dorado!!! They swim in tight schools and will attack like a wolf pack!

Albino Chitala ornata true pink with red eyes albino 7" eating pellets $75.00 each

Albino dantum angel - Pterophyllum sp. between quarter and half dollar size body. patterned like an Altum angel. One breeder in the world. $38.00 each

Pterophyllus leopoldi 3" captive bred, adjusted to tap water of this very unsual angel fish that is notoriously hard to keep. quarter sized $45.00 each

Asterophysus batrachus "gulper cat" 4" babies $125.00 each
look on youtube to see how they eat, probably one of the craziest swallowing ability in any fish.

Corydoras sipaliwini high fin cory 1" $55.00 each
Corydoras coppenamensis spotted face 1" $85.00 each
Corydoras nanaus "true" 0.5" sold out
Corydoras geoffroy - all out, taking pre-orders
Corydoras aneus
"true" Suriname blue laser 1.75" $30.00 each

Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps albino - this is what is used in Asia to clean all tanks. They eat everything, they don't fight or suck on other fish. They look better than regular plecos. People keep them with stingrays with no problem. Its the best cleaner pleco
5" $25.00 each

RARE
Hemiancistrus medianus
first time in the US, eyes like frog, color like

Hypostomus roseopunctatus - 12" jet black, tall dorsal fin. Google for a picture for a quick fix. Super rare Argentina pleco. I have kept one outdoor during the winter for the past 2 years. $375.00each only 5 pcs

Bagarius yarelli India wild Dwarka river 11"-12" $250.00 each only 2 pieces

Siniperca chuatsi - giant mandarin perch 3" $65.00 each
these can tolerate from freezing to low 80s with no problem at all

RARE
Triplophys siluroides
- giant Tibetan loach, can reach 30" in the wild, I've seen myself.
well started, need cooler water, no guarantees on how successful you will be at keeping. They are like a freshwater leopard shark, and will chase down feeders. 7" $250.00 each 10" $350.00 each

Rare
Gymnodiptychus pachycheilus "Tibet snow trout" 7" $250.00 each eating pellets and cut fish, can grow to 30" plus inches. super cool. probably requires unheated tank during the summer

Leptobotia elongata - the imperial flower loach. This is different than the royal loach of the books. People always had the L. pelligrini and elongata mixed and called the same. $125.00 each. In the wild they can grow up to 36" !!! I've seen pictures of some 30" monsters!!!!

RARE
Luciobarbus brachycephalus Albino - Snake like barb, with mouth like catfish - originally from Kasakhstan. First time in the USA. They are eating cut shrimp and pellets already, seem to be pretty easy to keep. 5" $175.00 each only a few pieces, I would say pretty rare.

Macrobrachium gracilirostre - the purple striped freshwater shrimp, max size around 4". not safe with smaller fish, but its absolutely wonderfully patterned and colored. these are babies at 1" or so. $35.00 each

Slightly brackish stuff goes up and down the river. Depending on the tide, the water will be completely fresh, or completely salt and the fish will travel up and down and in between all these areas. We've caught snooks, tarpons about 50 miles up river just so you know. We keep them at specific gravity measured between 1.001-1.004, varying depending on how much water I change and remove, but I don't measure it on regular basis.

Takifugu occelatus - Fugu aka the Japanese deadly sashimi dish. There are over a dozen of species in this genus. This being one of the smaller ones, but with the most striking color. Its fluorescent green with neon orange on the back, like no other fish out there. Definitely under appreciated. I had one painted on my store window before, and also my screen name is "fugupuff". Yes, this is where it all starts, back to the beginning. 4" size, eating cut shrimp, not expensive at all $35.00 each

They can reach about 12" max, will hide under the sand when frightened. Will eat and kill any crustaceans.

Chaetodipterus faber - Atlantic spadefish, caught in brackish marsh. quarter sized, eating brineshrimp, cut shrimp, etc... only one piece $75.00

Centropomus undecimalis
3" $75.00

Colomesus psittacus - this is the first time documented in US hobby that this has been imported. Here is some basic info on it. it can reach 12" plus., pretty aggressive when hungry, otherwise not too bad. Most pictures you see online are that of asselus, the small amazon puffer, never this. Like all puffers they're very tolerant of a wide salinity range and fluctuation. They will readily eat cut shrimp. 5" $125.00 each limited quantity
Lutjanus argentimaculatus 4" $75.00 each
found in pure freshwater in Australia man made lakes

Caranx sexfaciatus
5" $75.00
7" $150.00 each

Caranx ignobilis 8" $150.00
giant trevally "GT" they will crash the water when feeding like boiling tunas! Imagine a school in a big tank!

Google up Lake Taal - in Phillipines, there are land locked populations of the above 2 fish

Epinephalus lanceolatus captive bred babies- born and bred in brackish water.
These are the Queensland giant groupers, they can reach about 10 feet in the wild!!
7" eating anything in sight. $95.00 each

The following gobies make an amazing small planted tank, stream like conditions, they will climb out of water to go and graze on rocks. their colors are like neon lights. Absolutely amazing, google for pictures and videos.

Sicyopus zosterophorum - $30.00 per pair
Sicyopterus macrostetholepis $10.00 each
Hyseleotris cyrpinoides $30.00 per pair
Stiphodon atropurpureus $35.00 per pair
Stiphodon percnopterygionus $25.00 per pair

If this is your first time buying, please read the policy and click on this link to see our customer review.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...na-irvine-california-picking-shipping.682434/

Google for some pictures and do some research online. Of course some fish are rare enough that there isn't much info on them. Also if I misspelled the name, you would have a harder time finding them as well.

All the fish are first come first serve. Shipping for most is fedex overnight to your door, aircargo available for shipments over $500.00. Both will run about $55.00 to $75.00 for most. Live arrival guaranteed. Please read disclaimer and store policy prior to ordering.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/business-policy-must-read.320235/

I will post pictures on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/wesley.won...992.1073741837.604885991&type=3&pnref=storyon

Monsterfishkeepers.com

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/rare-fish-pic-from-rare-fish-series.18015/page-199

Paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com
Serious inquiries only, please send separate email with subject of the fish you're interested in would be best

Shipping method:
FedEx
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Rare Fish
Shipping method:
FedEx
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Fish fry

Jack Dempsey
Mar 15, 2017
I'd like to get some cichla from you how do I see the fish I'm in chino hills
Do you have a store I can go to thanks

Reactions: FishNCash

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Tibetan Snow Trout....droool! I wonder if these would fare long term in tropical conditions.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
here are pictures borrowed from Flair Wang, I've met him before, he publishes in many books and magazines. hope he doesn't mind me sharing his pictures here. These are representations of the fish we have., snow trout, triplophysa, and luciobarbus albino

View attachment 1239778IMG_0966.JPGView attachment 1239778IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store