ANOTHER NEW SPINY EEL

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Why don't you start a thread to find out.
You guys seemed knowledgeable about eels figured I'd ask. But it seems to be a bigger deal than I thought lol

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
what type of knife is that I just got a carapo

with an id specific thread you shoud get more traffic and get its id quicker
I just took more pics right now for a better id on my thread.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
You guys seemed knowledgeable about eels figured I'd ask. But it seems to be a bigger deal than I thought lol
It wasn't meant like that.
I'm fairly new to seriously keeping spiny eels, I've had a few in the past but they were always random tank occupants. I never really setup a tank for their needs. Second my threads don't typically get high amounts, but Id threads are pretty popular on this site.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
what type of knife is that I just got a carapo I have 2 they were sold as zebra knives g. carapo, but another member on here said they were another species I would have to look at the thread to see what he said so I'm not sure. Either way I'm loving this tank this is my 3 eel/knife combo and my second goby/eel/combo and all of them are really fun to watch.

with an id specific thread you shoud get more traffic and get its id quicker

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
You know, these guys were never really on my radar before I saw yours. I grow more and more intrigued...especially seeing them cohab with knives and eels....

O
Yea I love sleeper goby I've kept a lot of sleeper gobys over the years,and breed a few also
this is a bad video of one of my old breeding colonies of purple spot gudgeon 3m 2f both females would breed with all 3 males regularly and randomly. It was a really fun tank also.

Reactions: ocellatus

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
It wasn't meant like that.
I'm fairly new to seriously keeping spiny eels, I've had a few in the past but they were always random tank occupants. I never really setup a tank for their needs. Second my threads don't typically get high amounts, but Id threads are pretty popular on this site.
For sure my bad bro I kind of felt like I was pushed off your thread bc I was derailing or something so I took it the wrong way. I took several pics of mine that I've had for a while I'll get a direct i.D for who ever knows. I'm also pretty new at spiny eels mine only eats bloodworms and hasn't grown much in like 7 months

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
For sure my bad bro I kind of felt like I was pushed off your thread bc I was derailing or something so I took it the wrong way. I took several pics of mine that I've had for a while I'll get a direct i.D for who ever knows. I'm also pretty new at spiny eels mine only eats bloodworms and hasn't grown much in like 7 months
There are several threads in this section on nutrition options which should provide some variety and spur growth in your eel. I looked around and didn't see your ID thread (?)

O

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store