My new WC Polypterus senwgalus TURKANA and Sp.ONIGO

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
I will try to breed senegalus with this Turkana one in next year!
I will keep update
Amazing pick up and quite the trip going there.

Thank you for sharing this. Awesome for this site to have a member with these rare bichirs. We are all living vicariously through you on these so no holding back on pictures.

Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Amazing pick up and quite the trip going there.

Thank you for sharing this. Awesome for this site to have a member with these rare bichirs. We are all living vicariously through you on these so no holding back on pictures.
Hopefully this will be like the wild caught sengalus that Hendre Hendre has and we will drool over them for a couple months then toyin will get them in

Reactions: tlindsey and Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
This is interesting, I've never seen sens like that before. Certainly bulky and big, these should end up thicker. The Niger fish I own is much more slender than a captive bred fish of a similar size. And this Turkana fish appears to be bigger than tank raised or Niger Senegal bichirs, the largest Niger import size was 30-35cm. So obviously these are a good bit bigger, I'd love to see pics!

T thefredpit maybe he's stalking me haha. I've found the growth on the WC to be a bit slower than my CB, but it's growing bit by bit.

giseok jung giseok jung what do you feed your bichirs? :)

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
That's awesome these are almost impossible to find in the hobby. So, i really hope you keep us updated on this guy. Also, the PBB as well.
I will try to breed senegalus with this Turkana one in next year!
I will keep updateㄷ
This is interesting, I've never seen sens like that before. Certainly bulky and big, these should end up thicker. The Niger fish I own is much more slender than a captive bred fish of a similar size. And this Turkana fish appears to be bigger than tank raised or Niger Senegal bichirs, the largest Niger import size was 30-35cm. So obviously these are a good bit bigger, I'd love to see pics!

T thefredpit maybe he's stalking me haha. I've found the growth on the WC to be a bit slower than my CB, but it's growing bit by bit.

I feed frozen roach fish, hikari sinking pellet and frozen cow heart!
And sometimes with vitamins

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio

Hendre Hendre Im not sure if you have seen this but the turkana senegals are giants.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/we-need-more-of-these.478225/#post-5766390

check out this post

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
So where these brought in by toyin for Japan?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store